[Article] Article: super sweet credit card deal with southwest, especially if you fly with a partner

Re: Article: super sweet credit card deal with southwest, especially if you fly with

how easy is it to cancel a credit card

Re: Article: super sweet credit card deal with southwest, especially if you fly with

the buddy pass at 110k miles though is new to me, that sounds freaking awesome. Ill just power through on my current card and i should hit 109k about november of next year, then ill hold off until january to hit 110 and have free buddy passes for two years.

Won't work. Gotta do 110k in a single calendar year. My suggestion would be to cancel your personal card, get the business one. Reach the 2k mark. If it's been 60 days, apply for the new personal card with the bonus.

If y'all devoted this much time and bullshit to your careers you wouldn't have to worry about getting free shit.

Is the Capital One Venture card worth looking into? It's supposed to be pretty awesome.

Is the Capital One Venture card worth looking into? It's supposed to be pretty awesome.

I don't recall it really showing up in any of the blogs I read, but my golden goose is really in signup bonuses. I don't keep the same card long enough to earn points the traditional way. Some people map out all the extra stuff. Some cards will do 5x points on gas this month, then 5x on office supplies the next month, etc. You can earn some serious points that way, but I'm way too lazy to go through all that.

Won't work. Gotta do 110k in a single calendar year. My suggestion would be to cancel your personal card, get the business one. Reach the 2k mark. If it's been 60 days, apply for the new personal card with the bonus.

too much effort

FYI re: Companion Pass points

Companion Pass Qualifying Points are earned from revenue flights, points issued on Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Cards, and points earned from Rapid Rewards Partners.

Purchased points and points earned from program enrollment, Tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and Partner bonuses do not count toward Companion Pass status.