[Article] Article: new uf feature: user tea bagging

It was requested that I add this feature to the forum, so here it is. Basically, this is how it works.

Mentions: You can mention someone in a thread by putting the @ sign before their username. Next time they sign in, they will be alerted to your post.

Quotes: You will be notified when you are quoted in a thread. Note: This one may get annoying and be disabled. We'll see...

Pretty simple and intuitive way to notify someone about a certain discussion in a thread. Any questions?

@fly
Cant these features take you to the actual post in question, instead of some weird profile page?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I just responded to Ape in the pic thread and I got a notification that I....responded to Ape in the pic thread...

:wtf:

OK, I just responded to Ape in the NYE thread and I did not, I repeat, I did NOT receive a notification about this.

Re: Article: new uf feature: user tagging

One forum I post on a lot these days has a 'like' button at the end of posts so you can click that. I'm forever looking for the 'like' icon on other forums now because I'm so used to clicking it. :case:
Xda has that too. You can like and thank posts