Are 2 cats better than 1?

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,555
So cats keep recurring on this forum at the moment so I thought I'd make a thread about it. My cat is annoying as fuck at the moment. She savages plants, poos on the floor near her litter box but not in it, pulls wires out my computer etc. etc. and we're getting quite annoyed with her. The more we get annoyed and shout, the more annoying she is etc. etc. so I was wondering, do you think getting her a friend to play with would be beneficial?

i think so. but there's no guarantee that they won't get bored/into trouble together. :fly: do you have a screened in porch at all? put a cat door in and let the cat see the world.

here's the cutey I'm looking at getting:

picture.php

he's only 8 months old. :)

Last edited:
get her some non-toy toys. paper towel rolls, boxes with a few packing peanuts in them...does she have jungle gym? tunnels? you need to give this gal something to intrigue her. might be a little work in the beginning to find/make the stuff, but it might be worth it. and maybe once a week or so you can throw a couple other things in the mix.

You should definitely have four.

They are lovable is pairs. Ours lay together and bathe each other. I'm sure they would be annoying if they were alone. :hs:

oh a sweetie!!

i've been considering the cat thing again. it's not quite time to do it because babybird's, well, a boy toddler. and cats like their tails, and their insides unsquashed. but in a couple of years...

:happy:

oh a sweetie!!

i've been considering the cat thing again. it's not quite time to do it because babybird's, well, a boy toddler. and cats like their tails, and their insides unsquashed. but in a couple of years...

:happy:

In my experience toddlers can learn to not be too rough with cats. I've a few friends with toddlers and cats and they all have healthy tails.

Nope. I've only recently heard that a lot of Americans do this. I find the whole idea cruel and unthinkable. They have claws for a reason.

sounds like THIS example could be sacrificed over in the conscience thread. :hi2u: it'd be a great example!

I wondered this. My last cat was lovely after getting neutered. But it still doesn't solve the problem that we're out half the day, so that's why I figured a friend might make her happy.

but she's got ovaries for a reason, too. /devil's advocate