Thread april i hope you enjoy my username

Oohh wish we had Disney here!!! Do you like your inlaws?

Phones dying, will.charge and check later :)

Off to get a hair cut so I'll be gone for a while myself.

In laws? Eh... they are rather invisible from my son's life. If we don't bring him to them, they rarely come to us. It's kind of sad really. They've only been to our house 3 times in the time we've been married (almost 14 years). I don't like how they try to dictate it to be their way and only their way but whatever. I was shocked they joined us for a few days too.

My son loves Disney and I admit I do too. It was super relaxing for us. We'd go to the parks from about 9-2 and then come back to our resort which was Animal Kingdom Lodge with a savanna view. Spent a lot of time just looking at animals and being in the pool. If you want to find me on Facebook I posted a bunch of fun pics of us all :)

In laws? Eh... they are rather invisible from my son's life. If we don't bring him to them, they rarely come to us. It's kind of sad really. They've only been to our house 3 times in the time we've been married (almost 14 years). I don't like how they try to dictate it to be their way and only their way but whatever. I was shocked they joined us for a few days too.

My son loves Disney and I admit I do too. It was super relaxing for us. We'd go to the parks from about 9-2 and then come back to our resort which was Animal Kingdom Lodge with a savanna view. Spent a lot of time just looking at animals and being in the pool. If you want to find me on Facebook I posted a bunch of fun pics of us all :)

Kiko was a trooper and did magic kingdom from 9am - 930pm!!
Non stop.

Did I guys stay for the electric parade after?

3 times, amazing. Sound like shit grandparents. were they decent parents?

I don't do fb :(

3 times, amazing. Sound like shit grandparents. were they decent parents?

I don't do fb :(

Yeah we've brought our son out to meet them more than that though. First time they saw him, he was 8 months and I had to drive 8 hours to visit them. They didn't bother to come to see him here until he was 1 and then again when he was 6. Not too thrilled with them.

As parents? Not sure what to think honestly. They were military but I find them to be very selfish types of people - their way or no way. Kind of over it at this point.

I'll have to try to post some pics here of my view later today for you to see. It was so nice :)

Yeah we've brought our son out to meet them more than that though. First time they saw him, he was 8 months and I had to drive 8 hours to visit them. They didn't bother to come to see him here until he was 1 and then again when he was 6. Not too thrilled with them.

As parents? Not sure what to think honestly. They were military but I find them to be very selfish types of people - their way or no way. Kind of over it at this point.

I'll have to try to post some pics here of my view later today for you to see. It was so nice :)

Seriously disgusted. Does your husband have anything to say about it? Has to hurt his feelings.

Seriously disgusted. Does your husband have anything to say about it? Has to hurt his feelings.

It's old history now really. He keeps in touch to keep in touch. He knows not to push with us. I'll offer to have them come visit where they will stay in a hotel (their choice) or they can join us on vacations. I think my husband kind of got over it when they pulled funds for him in college but still paid for their older son. Claimed they had little money yet bought a huge house with a pool in a not so cheap area of the US to live in that summer after saying they weren't paying his tuition. Kind of let us know what we were in for. Not that they were required to pay and we made it work between the two of us, but still no warning. It was like they were trying to get him away from me but failed.

Still bugs me since my dad's parents had nothing to do with us due to my mom not being "pure" (ethnically) enough for them. So I am sensitive to how it would make both my husband and son feel. I won't push my son to spend time with them though. My thought is if you don't have time for me, it's not worth it. I won't let my son feel resentment the way I did.