Baby Anyone else think the cop didn't do anything wrong in this video?

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,380
Steam
mattressfish

First the girl is resisting a police officer. In my book, anything that happens to you after that is your own fucking fault.

Next, two guys appear to try and stop the officer by coming up behind him, on his pistol side no less, and he draws.

I can't be sure what happened before or after, but I don't see anything wrong.

There's one huge thing wrong here and it's basically he's a white cop. I would do the same given the number of people and clearly how out of control they were regardless if they were armed or unarmed. A large group of angry unarmed people is just as dangerous as 1 armed person. Bottom line if you're somewhere you're not supposed to be and the owners calls the police and the police tell you to leave and you don't then shit is gonna happen.

This is why you can't make a judgement call based on that video alone. You don't see the action that happened prior to that. Maybe she was swinging like a banshee. Maybe she was sitting there. And since the officer is the one being accused, he is the one that is innocent until proven guilty, and you can't prove guilt based on a video that starts in the middle of a confrontation.

That being said, the media LOVES to portray authority figures as racists and out to hurt the public.

I'll laugh hysterically when all cops are afraid to do their jobs and more people get hurt because the cops don't want to deal with the consequences of intervening. This is why I will never learn CPR. I'd be obligated to help someone in trouble and then risk them suing me for a cracked rib or some shit. Fuck that.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
You guy realize that it was some angry bitchy ass white woman who starte this whole thing. She came up, got in some childs face, actually slapped the child while telling the rest to 'go back to their section 8 housing'..

While yes, getting in the face of a cop is fucking stupid but still. These kids were just out having a good time when some fucking racist cunt get upset that her white privilege was being interfered with at a community pool. I don't blame them for being pissed off for basically trying to enjjoy their day and having people fuck with it simply because they were black.

Once I heard what started it all, my opinion of this dramatically changed.

However, I still think the cop handled the situation completely wrong. He could have easily calmed it down before it got crazy. Instead, he escalated things.

I heard that an ass load of people started showing up at the pool because the DJ playing there started tweeting out that there was a party, then shit started happening.
Depending on the source, the DJ and his cronies might've been charging cover to get in.

Provided we are talking about the same situation

You guy realize that it was some angry bitchy ass white woman who starte this whole thing. She came up, got in some childs face, actually slapped the child while telling the rest to 'go back to their section 8 housing'..

While yes, getting in the face of a cop is fucking stupid but still. These kids were just out having a good time when some fucking racist cunt get upset that her white privilege was being interfered with at a community pool. I don't blame them for being pissed off for basically trying to enjjoy their day and having people fuck with it simply because they were black.

Once I heard what started it all, my opinion of this dramatically changed.
you're forgetting the part where kids were getting turned away at the pool entrance gate and started hopping the fences....loitering in the streets, and being hoodlums. do you know how many calls from the neighborhood went out to police officers before that scuffle between the white trash and that black girl?

However, I still think the cop handled the situation completely wrong. He could have easily calmed it down before it got crazy. Instead, he escalated things.
How do you know that he didn't? It certainly wasn't in the video?

Not that it even matters, cops hold all the power. Black, white, brown, whatever, you comply with the orders of a police officer regardless of what you think of the order.

And there is a huge difference between a community pool and a public pool. I've read multiple stories that the neighborhood security got involved first with zero results.

How do you know that he didn't? It certainly wasn't in the video?

Not that it even matters, cops hold all the power. Black, white, brown, whatever, you comply with the orders of a police officer regardless of what you think of the order.

Yup, just comply, and shit should get sorted out calmly. Two guys start circling around the back of the cop, no wonder he drew his gun.

There were several officers there. He is the only one that behaved poorly. You know it was going downhill when his first move was a tumble. Even his commanding officer agreed. Only on this forum. Uselessracists.

His attorney's excuse? He was under emotional distress from an earlier suicide call. This officer has also been nailed for misconduct in the past.

There were several officers there. He is the only one that behaved poorly. You know it was going downhill when his first move was a tumble. Even his commanding officer agreed. Only on this forum. Uselessracists.
And props to the other officers that came over to help him so that he could holster his weapon, and the fact that he did tells me he kept his cool. He felt threatened when other people approached him, he drew his gun to establish the upper hand in a potential situation, the people backed off, other officers intervened and he holstered his weapon. That aspect was well handled by the officer. I can't say why he threw her to the ground by her hair, and it may or may not have been warranted. I'd have to wait to hear the rest of the story.