Halp Android devices

So, the new Amazon Fire HD 10 was recently announced. It comes out Oct 11.

The basics.

• Brilliant 10.1" 1080p Full HD display (1920 x 1200), up to 1.8 GHZ quad-core processor, 2 GB RAM, and up to 10 hours of battery life
  • Our largest display, now with over 2 million pixels, stereo speakers, Dolby Audio, and dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi—perfect for watching Full HD video, playing games, reading magazines, and streaming content seamlessly
  • Use Alexa hands-free mode to pause videos, play music, open apps, show sports scores, display the weather, and more—just ask (available soon via software update)
  • 32 or 64 GB internal storage expandable by up to 256 GB (using the microSD slot). Watch downloaded videos anywhere with a Prime membership, Netflix plan, or Showtime subscription.
  • Enjoy millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle eBooks, magazines, Android apps, and games—including Netflix, Facebook, HBO, Spotify, and more
  • Prime members get unlimited access to over a thousand books and magazines, millions of songs, and thousands of movies and TV episodes—at no additional cost
  • Get exclusive Amazon features, including ASAP, X-Ray, On Deck, Blue Shade, and FreeTime Parental Controls
I currently have it sitting in cart, debating on pulling the trigger. I'm thinking it's time to get a current gen tablet and move away from laptops, as I just use my laptop in the manner I'd use a tablet anyway, and I like the hands free Echo/Alexa integration. Anyone else been looking at this?
no price? and fireos is a piece of shit.

X-ray and alexa are pretty great though

no price? and fireos is a piece of shit.

X-ray and alexa are pretty great though

$149 for 32gb with lock screen adds. $163 for the same with no ads.

All told, for the 10', 32gb, 64gb sd card, and stand up cover, I it ran me $243 with tax. Not bad for a 10" HD tablet. I know FireOS sucks but it's a small inconvenience. If it's really untenable I'll just root it with a different ROM. I'm curious about the Alexxa/Echo integration.

And since it integrates with my Prime account, the easy downloading of media for traveling is attractive.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
$149 for 32gb with lock screen adds. $163 for the same with no ads.

All told, for the 10', 32gb, 64gb sd card, and stand up cover, I it ran me $243 with tax. Not bad for a 10" HD tablet. I know FireOS sucks but it's a small inconvenience. If it's really untenable I'll just root it with a different ROM. I'm curious about the Alexxa/Echo integration.

And since it integrates with my Prime account, the easy downloading of media for traveling is attractive.
If/when there's root. I've got a Fire tablet here sitting off, waiting for root. It's been that way for months.

I probably should go check again.