All you IT Geeks.... Advice Pls?

Sadly, I have no idea what is real and what is bullshit about the content of this thread. :(

Can I really take the keyboard off and clean out the contacts? That SOUNDS easy enough... But, I don't understand what you are telling me to use as solution... I guess I'll have to "google" all the shit in this thread to determine what is real and what is not. :fly:

Candy said:
Yeah, make sure the kid has no arms and is trying his absolute best to reach out and type a letter to his long, lost love.
I want stubby to fist fuck me with his nubs

Candy said:
Sadly, I have no idea what is real and what is bullshit about the content of this thread. :(

Can I really take the keyboard off and clean out the contacts? That SOUNDS easy enough... But, I don't understand what you are telling me to use as solution... I guess I'll have to "google" all the shit in this thread to determine what is real and what is not. :fly:
Dude, the only thing I ever want to see you cleaning electronics with is warm water or rubbing alcohol diluted in warm water.

If its already randomly rebooting, its probably too late. You're shorting out and its not going to be fixed. You probably didn't dry it out as well as you thought or there's residue in there. Either way, once you short a couple of times, its probably not going to be fixed.

elpmis said:
CLP doesn't remove copper :(
Aye, it's not ALL I use. It's great for quick cleanups though. It also preserves in a most excellent manner. I sprayed it inside one of my Schmidt-Rubins, didnt touch the thing for a year, went to use it and the action was like sex.

FlamingGlory said:
Aye, it's not ALL I use. It's great for quick cleanups though. It also preserves in a most excellent manner. I sprayed it inside one of my Schmidt-Rubins, didnt touch the thing for a year, went to use it and the action was like sex.
Yeah I used nothing but CLP for my M-14 back in the military days

theacoustician said:
If its already randomly rebooting, its probably too late. You're shorting out and its not going to be fixed. You probably didn't dry it out as well as you thought or there's residue in there. Either way, once you short a couple of times, its probably not going to be fixed.

It now starts up and runs until I turn it off. Today anyway. As soon as it started to turn itself off I left it alone a we dryed it with a hairdryer. All the letter keys are working as well, it seems that it is only the numbers.

Kinda like Knyte's support ticket where the "p" didn't work. LOL.

It still smells like Chardonnay :(

Candy said:
It now starts up and runs until I turn it off. Today anyway. As soon as it started to turn itself off I left it alone a we dryed it with a hairdryer. All the letter keys are working as well, it seems that it is only the numbers.

Kinda like Knyte's support ticket where the "p" didn't work. LOL.

It still smells like Chardonnay :(
If it runs stable and you're only having keystroke issues, then you can clean it and it should be right as rain. Just pop the keys off, use 99% iso alcohol and a qtip to clean off any goop you find, and you should be good.