Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s me. I read an article in Forbes magazine about helmets shaving maybe 15 mph off the impact and decided I’d rather be dead than Christopher Reeve. My beanie helmet was totally illegal and worthless in an accident.

I had a full face HJC for long trips though.

i doubt that article after seeing dudes with their helmets worn down to nothing after rubbing along the pavement for 50 feet. 1 inch of helmet gone which otherwise would have been 1 inch of skull gone.

newsflash. You dont have 1 inch of skull, you have a half inch of skull, and the rest would be your brain grating along the pavement.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
The thing that bothered me about full-faced aside from the claustrophobia is the weight and the feeling of that weights momentum due to the part sticking out in front of your mouth.

It felt like a great way to get leverage on the neck. As if this thing would aid in snapping your neck while it saved your face.

I know there's solid evidence to the contrary but that didn't make it feel any better.

At some point you have to say fuck it, life is risky.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
i doubt that article after seeing dudes with their helmets worn down to nothing after rubbing along the pavement for 50 feet. 1 inch of helmet gone which otherwise would have been 1 inch of skull gone.

newsflash. You dont have 1 inch of skull, you have a half inch of skull, and the rest would be your brain grating along the pavement.

Have had stepped on my friend’s tongue, you have a long way to go with your anecdotes, but I get your drift. I haven’t ridden a motorcycle in a hundred years anyhoo.

The thing that bothered me about full-faced aside from the claustrophobia is the weight and the feeling of that weights momentum due to the part sticking out in front of your mouth.

It felt like a great way to get leverage on the neck. As if this thing would aid in snapping your neck while it saved your face.

I know there's solid evidence to the contrary but that didn't make it feel any better.

At some point you have to say fuck it, life is risky.

The neck breaking theory is still popular among the hardcore fuck ‘em crowd.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Here’s another oddity for y’all.

When helmet laws were being adopted nationwide, Nebraska failed to specify where the helmet was to be worn. They ended up not enforcing the law until the next legislative session because motorcyclists were strapping them onto their legs, or arm, or wherever.

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
Here’s another oddity for y’all.

When helmet laws were being adopted nationwide, Nebraska failed to specify where the helmet was to be worn. They ended up not enforcing the law until the next legislative session because motorcyclists were strapping them onto their legs, or arm, or wherever.
If you want to show proof that motorcycle riders need their brains protected, you cant get much better than watching them strap a helmet to their arm.

Helmet laws are a product of insurance carriers. Freedom is only available to those who choose to live on their own island.
Most of that's not Freedom. Good luck finding an island which is not associated with an archipelago which is associated with a government which is obviously and of course associated with taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.