Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using a walmart washroom. That's brave.

I don't think I've ever shit in one, but last time I pissed in a urinal in a walmart bathroom, there was a torn open SD card package sitting in it.

Welp, looks like the wife and I are moving into a new house on the 18th! We so excited, we so excited.

And on monday I start mailman training!
Cool beans. We're trying to get in a house next month too. I'd like to be in there before thanksgiving but with my bad luck I'm not getting my hopes up, even though we have a closing date.

Cool beans. We're trying to get in a house next month too. I'd like to be in there before thanksgiving but with my bad luck I'm not getting my hopes up, even though we have a closing date.
The process for us is going amazingly well. The seller is a super handy dude and is continuing to install and update things around the house. We asked for a few of the things on the inspection to be fixed, and he's already done that and asked the inspector for a few other things that needed fixing, definitely going above and beyond. I met him and he's a really cool guy. All of the paperwork is pretty much in order, all we're waiting for is the closing date and we can sign all the docs and write a big fat check.

The process for us is going amazingly well. The seller is a super handy dude and is continuing to install and update things around the house. We asked for a few of the things on the inspection to be fixed, and he's already done that and asked the inspector for a few other things that needed fixing, definitely going above and beyond. I met him and he's a really cool guy. All of the paperwork is pretty much in order, all we're waiting for is the closing date and we can sign all the docs and write a big fat check.
That's awesome. The last house we tried to buy had 30k in liens and it took us three months to figure out the seller wasn't even able to sell the house. It never should have been on the market.

The house we're looking at now is much nicer and not much more expensive, so maybe it will have been worth the wait.

The guy buying our mobile home is giving us all the time in the world to get moved out. We're getting a little less than market value but he's making it easy on us and he was honest about giving us less than we could sell it else where.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
oh you sweet naive child. You'll be cursing him as soon as you move in for all the second rate handyman DIY hacks

oh you sweet naive child. You'll be cursing him as soon as you move in for all the second rate handyman DIY hacks
None of his work is second rate. I've seen what he's done, everything from flooring installation to electrical, and it all seems to be legit. His wiring was all capped and inside junction boxes, the fuse box was clean as a whistle, this guy took care of this house. It is in immaculate shape and the inspector only found a few things wrong with it. The biggest thing was "obvious" mold in the attic, which I looked at the pictures and can't see a damn thing. Living in the pnw though, mold is extremely common. The roof is about 15 years old and in fantastic condition. Brand new water heater, which one of the things the inspector caught was no tubing from the tpr valve to the outside, but only because he hadn't gotten around to that yet. Very clean work, pinpoint accuracy with the painting, etc. This really is a spectacular house.

We've looked at others and were just unimpressed with some of the work the other homeowners did that would have to be undone and or fixed.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and OOD
None of his work is second rate. I've seen what he's done, everything from flooring installation to electrical, and it all seems to be legit. His wiring was all capped and inside junction boxes, the fuse box was clean as a whistle, this guy took care of this house. It is in immaculate shape and the inspector only found a few things wrong with it. The biggest thing was "obvious" mold in the attic, which I looked at the pictures and can't see a damn thing. Living in the pnw though, mold is extremely common. The roof is about 15 years old and in fantastic condition. Brand new water heater, which one of the things the inspector caught was no tubing from the tpr valve to the outside, but only because he hadn't gotten around to that yet. Very clean work, pinpoint accuracy with the painting, etc. This really is a spectacular house.

We've looked at others and were just unimpressed with some of the work the other homeowners did that would have to be undone and or fixed.
I'm wishing you luck with it man. I think you can luck into that neurotic SOB who gets around to fixing damn near everything in their house, and not half ass. Maybe try to get that roof redone sooner than later. The obvious mold might have just been staining from a roof leak. Like, did he run a test on the shit? :fly:

TPR valve - I guess the house doesn't have a drain close to the water heater? Common thing here is they get ran to a floor drain.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and nukes
I'm wishing you luck with it man. I think you can luck into that neurotic SOB who gets around to fixing damn near everything in their house, and not half ass. Maybe try to get that roof redone sooner than later. The obvious mold might have just been staining from a roof leak. Like, did he run a test on the shit? :fly:

TPR valve - I guess the house doesn't have a drain close to the water heater? Common thing here is they get ran to a floor drain.
I was thinking there's probably a spot in the roofing that's trapping moisture, but the air here is always moist. So it could be either. Out here, the tpr valve needs to be run outside the house if the water heater is inside the house. If it were in a garage you could just run it to the concrete, but we won't have a garage. So through the wall it is. It's against code to simply run it to the washing machine drain.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
Status
Not open for further replies.