Thread All new 2019 Super Duper Sperm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen 2 arena shows that did sound really good. CSNY and Boston. Both for the same reasons.

1. Kept the overall levels in check. Didn't try to kill the entire echo chamber with sheer volume. Wasn't quiet by any means, just right.

2. Both bands are all about the vocals. Kept those prominent and clear with the instruments mixed a little further back than a lot of acts do.

Sweet sweet mix both of them.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
This shit is the absolute worst. I hate it.
Quit going to arena shows a long time ago for that reason and haven't heard any really bad sound jobs ever since.

Alice Cooper is coming here in a couple weeks with Halestorm but it's in a damn hockey/basketball arena so I'm not going.
Too bad. Would love to see him while I still can but not someplace like that. Waste of time and money.
hmm it may not be that bad hips baba

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
hmm it may not be that bad hips baba

Fool me once.
Fool me 112 times.....

I bet Alice be more "theatre oriented" and not just try to slay everyone with noise but alas, I am jaded.

That place Mustard is seeing him at is excellent. Got other stuff going on here then or I'd be tempted to grab a couple tickets for the grass and drive over there.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
Blues Traveler shows draw a lot of sorta Dead/Allman bros/Phish type crowd.
Good place to go if you're into young, neo-hippie type chicks in flowing dresses and organic hemp knapsacks full of shrooms and homemade jewellery.

More calm stoner types. Less rowdy shitfaced drunks.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and nukes
I hate this motherfucker

View attachment 8320
I Google searched the image "FRontier Balladeer". Mercifully, Frontier has no market presence here 'cauwe yeah, he's pretty bad. They should have hired Mello, at least then people could have something to laugh about.
I didn't like the "LIMU EMU" (Liberty MUtual Insurance) but it's kinda of grown on me. :p Weird as fuck - that must be it.

Who and why?

He’s the spokesmodel for Frontier.

I may have been a little harsh. He’s somebody’s kid, and “hate” may be too strong a word.

I have a strong dislike for him. We already had one Bob Dylan and that was more than plenty.

He’s the spokesmodel for Frontier.

I may have been a little harsh. He’s somebody’s kid, and “hate” may be too strong a word.

I have a strong dislike for him. We already had one Bob Dylan and that was more than plenty.
Bob Dylan was just a rip-off of Woody Guthrie. Bruce Springsteen stole about a third of Woody Guthrie 1/3 of Bob Dylan and wanted to be an R&B star. Think about it!

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Status
Not open for further replies.