All 40 Guitar Hero II tracks finalized. List enclosed. Fun begins Nov 7!

SpyderGST

Flaccid Member
Jun 12, 2005
Atlanta (Lilburn, Stn Mtn)
Marklar
₥0
It's official: From Aerosmith to the Rolling Stones to RATM, all 40 licensed tracks unveiled.
by Chris Roper
October 9, 2006 - After a year of wishlists, speculation and even a bit of "slipped" information, RedOctane finally has revealed to us the final licensed tracklist for Guitar Hero II. Totaling 40 tunes in all, spread over eight difficulty levels, the sequel to our Best Music Game of 2005 seems to have an even wider range of rock-oriented music than the first time out. From Guns 'N Roses to the Police to Dick Dale, Guitar Hero II runs the gamut of rock.

We recently learned at Microsoft's X06 that Guitar Hero II is coming to Xbox 360 in spring 2007. IGN phoned RedOctane to find out which tunes would be available on Xbox 360 version because, presumably, the game is the same on both systems, including the soundtrack. We expect to see these same songs on Xbox 360, though RedOctane was unable to officially confirm a complete song list for now.

Without further ado, here are the tracks you'll be rocking out to come on the PS2 version November 7. The Xbox 360 version is due sometime in spring 2007.

1. Opening Licks
Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil
Danzig - Mother
Cheap Trick - Surrender
Wolfmother - Woman
Spinal Tap - Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight

2. Amp-Warmers
Kiss - Strutter
Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box
Police - Message in a Bottle
Van Halen - You Really Got Me
Kansas - Carry on Wayward Son

3. String-Snappers
Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
Alice in Chains - Them Bones
Iggy Pop and the Stooges - Search and Destroy
Pretenders - Tattooed Love Boys
Black Sabbath - War Pigs

4. Thrash and Burn
Warrant - Cherry Pie
Butthole Surfers - Who Was in My Room Last Night
Mathew Sweet - Girlfriend
Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

5. Return of the Shred
Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of
Primus - John the Fisherman
Sword - Freya
Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation
Aerosmtih - Last Child

6. Relentless Riffs
Heart - Crazy on You
Stone Temple Pilots - Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart
Stray Cats - Rock This Town
Allman Brothers - Jessica
Jane's Addiction - Stop

7. Furious Fretwork
Anthrax - Madhouse
Living End - Carry Me Home
Lamb of God - Laid to Rest
Reverend Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout
Rush - YYZ

8. Face-Melters
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot
Suicidal Tendencies - Institutionalized
Dick Dale - Misirlou
Megadeth - Hangar 18
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

As for the unlockable bonus tracks, RedOctane tells us that it wants to keep those songs a secret until release as to not spoil everything for the fans. Sounds good to us, though we're certainly interested to know simply what caliber of tracks will be included. Good things come to those who wait however, and luckily we have less than a month to do so.
----------------------------
I CAN'T FU**ING WAIT.

I ... I can't believe it. Matthew Sweet made it in? That's fucking awesome. I'm sure I'm the only person that cares, but that made my fucking day. Don't forget, this is the 40 official songs and doesn't include the 24 unlockable bonus tracks. Those will probably be unknown bands like the first one, but who knows.

Last edited:
I ... I can't believe it. Matthew Sweet made it in? That's fucking awesome. I'm sure I'm the only person that cares, but that made my fucking day. Don't forget, this is the 40 official songs and doesn't include the 24 unlockable bonus tracks. Those will probably be unknown bands like the first one, but who knows.

I was surprised to see him in there too...always liked him