Absinthe

I guess it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I've not read about LSD much myself, as I don't care on way or the other, but it does seem as if some people have a predisposition to ruin themselves, one way or another.

Some people are defined by their inhibitions. They can't just let go without being afraid.

I buy what yer sayin' Poleaux.

I've no first hand experience in the matter, but had a number of aquaintances who did, certainly seems to support what your friend sees.

oh no not you braw, you see the truth for what it is.

you're this forums voice of reason.

this is still personal experience but it seems a number of us here have taken it and are still fully functional productive members of society. I think that says something. it's being demonized by people who don't know better

That's funny. Seemed like your entire defence. What is your knowledge based on? Erowid? Friends? Family? I enjoy how your ability to talk to me about this has resorted that I have somehow been fed a falsehood by "law enforcement", which I have not. Any opinions I have, my field or not (this is not) are based on science and research. Not human interest stories in the sunday newspapers supplements.

Out of interest I asked my housemate [Who is a registered Psychiatrist] about the prevalence of LSD among his patients [which he treats as locum community support, not a Law Enforcement capacity]. He has come across "a few" people who have had not only "severe flashbacks" from taking LSD an uncounted amount of times, but also those who when combining with other drugs have had some degree of psychosis for which therapy isn't sufficient.

Flashbacks are caused by LSD -remaining- in the CSF, as there is no way for this to be broken down by phagocytosis or by degradation. But you know all of this because you watched SLC Punk.

Grow up, my learned friend. There are some things I don't tread into here as it's not my domain. Not my game of cricket. But I certainly don't try and belittle someone through my own foolish life choices and use these as science fact when I am little more schooled.

Infact, I'm still trying to fathom just -what- you're trying to argue with me about?

I said that any drug reliably manufactured and administered isn't going to have especially detrimental effects in later life depending on the usage and frequency. I know of one person who I encountered who felt that every reference to 'Belfast' or 'Northern Ireland' on the TV was a message especially for her. She blew her entire inheritence on weed and smoked it over the course of 3-4 weeks. That doesn't mean I'm running around telling people it's a bad thing.

What I pointed out, which was 100% truthful, is that LSD -HAS- the ability more than any other kitsch drug to be supremely detrimental to mental health on the first administration dependent more on genetic factors than anything else. I have yet to see you use this word, or any of these words.

I don't take smug satisfaction from posting anything about this, which is what you had originally hoped you'd take from me. It's a shame you're stereotyping me with what you've been lead to believe is prevalent among medicine. It's smug, wikipedia engineered opinions like this that lead to problems.
I did not read all of this.

Thank goodness... since I have a crop to harvest and all.

this is still personal experience but it seems a number of us here have taken it and are still fully functional productive members of society. I think that says something. it's being demonized by people who don't know better
We should trust the doctor though, since they're always dead on with their prognosis.

That's funny. Seemed like your entire defence. What is your knowledge based on? Erowid? Friends? Family? I enjoy how your ability to talk to me about this has resorted that I have somehow been fed a falsehood by "law enforcement", which I have not. Any opinions I have, my field or not (this is not) are based on science and research. Not human interest stories in the sunday newspapers supplements.

Out of interest I asked my housemate [Who is a registered Psychiatrist] about the prevalence of LSD among his patients [which he treats as locum community support, not a Law Enforcement capacity]. He has come across "a few" people who have had not only "severe flashbacks" from taking LSD an uncounted amount of times, but also those who when combining with other drugs have had some degree of psychosis for which therapy isn't sufficient.

Flashbacks are caused by LSD -remaining- in the CSF, as there is no way for this to be broken down by phagocytosis or by degradation. But you know all of this because you watched SLC Punk.

Grow up, my learned friend. There are some things I don't tread into here as it's not my domain. Not my game of cricket. But I certainly don't try and belittle someone through my own foolish life choices and use these as science fact when I am little more schooled.

Back in college I worked full time in a chemistry lab. You never asked where my knowledge came from so I never mentioned, but since you've been so gracious as to attack me about it, there you go. Although I have read some of what erowid has to say on the subject, it certainly doesn't give you a full picture of it. As for human interest stories, I don't recall any, and my friends and family aren't really a reliable source of information on this subject. I don't know what SLC Punk is, I suppose I could google it but I'm lazy.

Regardless, I studied and read about this drug long before I used it. In the end I supposed that curious scientists, researchers and doctors found it safe to ingest, so why shouldn't I? Maybe not sound logic, but it was good enough for me at the time. I just think you should know that just because I'm a housewife doesn't mean that I don't have the capacity to read, learn and be educated on a subject. And next time you tell me to grow up, consider that I'm much older than you, much wiser than you, and much nicer than you.

The entire reason I started this was because I don't want anyone to read your opinions, take them as fact, and consider LSD to be the devil over all other substances. Your OP on the topic showed that you felt this way and you've stated it before. There is enough misinformation on the subject already. I'm sure somewhere around here there are people that respect you. Usually I am one of them. I wouldn't want anyone to spread more rumors based on your word. Enough about the personal attack though.

I have been led to believe that although LSD does cross the blood brain barrier, it doesn't actually remain in the CSF and any spinal fluid testing for lsd was actually testing for chemicals that become increased or deficient due to lsd use in people predisposed to psychosis. I have not ever read a report that indicated that LSD did not break down in the body. In fact, every report I have ever read suggested that it was no longer present after 4 days at the most. I've never seen CSF test results that indicated the presence of LSD.

I too have inquired with psychiatrists and the like about flashbacks. They have related this phenomenon to PTSD unless the use was particularly heavy. Admittedly, if you heavily abuse any substance you are likely to have adverse and lasting effects. AFAIK the effects of LSD on the brain can be detrimental, but only if you use large amounts over a long period of time. As for the singular use causing issues, it is likely you would have wound up with those issues anyway. LSD does not make people schizophrenic or whatever...

Last edited:
I had a huge meth binge a coupla years ago with a few pals, it only lasted 48 hours but it was cool. At the time we thought it was MDMA but the dealer got arrested and they tested his stuff and it was 90% meth. Good shit.

As for LSD I had flashbacks for a period of 6 months years ago from taking it, not recommended but I was quite fragile mentally (always will be though) but I dealt with it and got over it. It was quite funny in the end. I used to talk to the imaginary people. :lol:

Back in college I worked full time in a chemistry lab. You never asked where my knowledge came from so I never mentioned, but since you've been so gracious as to attack me about it, there you go. Although I have read some of what erowid has to say on the subject, it certainly doesn't give you a full picture of it. As for human interest stories, I don't recall any, and my friends and family aren't really a reliable source of information on this subject. I don't know what SLC Punk is, I suppose I could google it but I'm lazy.

Regardless, I studied and read about this drug long before I used it. In the end I supposed that curious scientists, researchers and doctors found it safe to ingest, so why shouldn't I? Maybe not sound logic, but it was good enough for me at the time. I just think you should know that just because I'm a housewife doesn't mean that I don't have the capacity to read, learn and be educated on a subject. And next time you tell me to grow up, consider that I'm much older than you, much wiser than you, and much nicer than you.

The entire reason I started this was because I don't want anyone to read your opinions, take them as fact, and consider LSD to be the devil over all other substances. Your OP on the topic showed that you felt this way and you've stated it before. There is enough misinformation on the subject already. I'm sure somewhere around here there are people that respect you. Usually I am one of them. I wouldn't want anyone to spread more rumors based on your word. Enough about the personal attack though.

I have been led to believe that although LSD does cross the blood brain barrier, it doesn't actually remain in the CSF and any spinal fluid testing for lsd was actually testing for chemicals that become increased or deficient due to lsd use in people predisposed to psychosis. I have not ever read a report that indicated that LSD did not break down in the body. In fact, every report I have ever read suggested that it was no longer present after 4 days at the most. I've never seen CSF test results that indicated the presence of LSD.

I too have inquired with psychiatrists and the like about flashbacks. They have related this phenomenon to PTSD unless the use was particularly heavy. Admittedly, if you heavily abuse any substance you are likely to have adverse and lasting effects. AFAIK the effects of LSD on the brain can be detrimental, but only if you use large amounts over a long period of time. As for the singular use causing issues, it is likely you would have wound up with those issues anyway. LSD does not make people schizophrenic or whatever...

i will reply to this after my lunch

It was the first link from Google. It also appeared to cite legitimate references. Do you have any that show LSD stays in your system FOREVAAA?
He has hearsay from his room mate that says he has read about it somewhere...

I like to imagine that the people that study [insert anything even not drug related] to test it out personally. You can't always trust what you hear...

...unfortunately that is how it is with religion and science. Sometimes you just have to find out for your own self.

Fooseball @ 1PM our place if you're interested.

I really want to but need to take advantage of the small free time I got to get some packin' done.

I'll cheer for the Bucs though, just to watch Green Bay cry a little more. Fudge the Packers!

Thank you for the invite though :)