A geek and his toys...

D

djduquet

Well I've always been into laser pointers. Instead of some red laser like everyone has, I wanted to get a green one, which I did.

rated at 4.9 mW, max legal limit in the states. Here are some pics:

IMG_3592_wood_box_closed.JPG

zomg, real wood box!

IMG_3596_wood_box.JPG

I like an open box... :drool: But really, this thing is cool.

IMG_3601_laser_macro.JPG

A nice close up.

IMG_3603_green_beam.JPG

Now this is as good of an image as my old camera can get. When it's dark you can actually see the beam of this thing. Which is amazing. No photo does it any justice. It's so bloody brights it's crazy and it makes me giggle like a school girl whenever I play with it. As fellow geeks will back me up this is because green is the colour that the human eye is most sensitive too, and boy don't I know it!

I bet you want one now.

I special ordered it. It was tuned to the max. It's pretty damn strong, but you can't burn through anything, but it will cause tissue damadge if exposed directly for more than a few seconds.

Hold on, it came with a certification paper.

theacoustician said:
IMG_3601_laser_macro.JPG

Check the label again.

I'm not exactly what you do with it, but whatever keeps you off the streets.

there's not much you should shoot in your eye so that's not a big surprise :p

why_ask_why said:
there's not much you should shoot in your eye so that's not a big surprise :p
These are also the laser pointers that have gotten some people in trouble with the FAA and the FBI for "painting" landing planes.

I hear you can annoy pilots with those things while they're landing.

edit: beaten by theac

Last edited:
theacoustician said:
These are also the laser pointers that have gotten some people in trouble with the FAA and the FBI for "painting" landing planes.
I wanted to drop the extra 60 bucks and get a 30 mW laser from over seas but I figured I can't help myself from pointing it outside on random objects to see how far it can go and I figured such a bright and obviously illegal pointer wouldn't be a good idea, so I went with this one instead. :fly:

KNYTE said:
I wonder if I could mod that into my own version of a Lasermax for my XD....:cool:
I don't know what that is, but I do know that this thing is kick fuckin' ass.

djdouchebag said:
I'm French and a vegitarian. We don't like guns, we don't know how to use guns, nad there is one other reason but I don't know what it is.

Guns scare people, lasers in guns TERRIFY people, and bullets kill people.

I demand the unconditional surrender of Paris immediately!

how does one get so accurate with a laser as to be able to hit a pilot in a moving plane in the eyes?? mount an optical laser scope to your laser?? :fly: