50 Reasons to Support the Fair Tax

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
35,593
4,667
423
42
Columbus, OH
Marklar
3,593.23₥
taeric said:
See... I just don't get that. Either you are for the Fair Tax or you are against it. There is no, I want it to be ironed out. That is just a shorter way of saying I'm against it, but I could be persuaded if they had a good thing.

In other words, if it was to be voted on right now. What would you vote?

or like a good voter, you want more information before you vote on it.
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
67,031
19,361
823
Marklar
46,624.23₥
Steam
mattressfish
Coqui said:
The taxes one pays for on their house on a yearly basis (don't know if they are federal or state - I would assume state though) tend to go to schools. This is for public elementary, middle, and high schools.
State tax laws would be unaffected. :p
 

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
1,369
0
0
40
Marklar
0.00₥
Coqui said:
or like a good voter, you want more information before you vote on it.
But that is just it. There has been no new information on this topic for a long time now. This keeps coming up without changing. Am I against tax reform? Not really? Am I ever going to be in favor of Fair Tax? Not if it never changes.

I seriously think of this as the same as the bill to change the way we vote for president. Happens every year, and there are a few "alternatives" that keep getting proposed. Just because it is an alternative does not mean it is good/better. Just because it does away with something that is bad doesn't mean it should be used. What is the saying? Out of the frying pan and into the fire?
 

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
35,593
4,667
423
42
Columbus, OH
Marklar
3,593.23₥
taeric said:
But that is just it. There has been no new information on this topic for a long time now. This keeps coming up without changing. Am I against tax reform? Not really? Am I ever going to be in favor of Fair Tax? Not if it never changes.

I seriously think of this as the same as the bill to change the way we vote for president. Happens every year, and there are a few "alternatives" that keep getting proposed. Just because it is an alternative does not mean it is good/better. Just because it does away with something that is bad doesn't mean it should be used. What is the saying? Out of the frying pan and into the fire?

Well honestly this is the first I heard of it possibly garnering serious interest in the US. I didn't even know until this thread that people were trying to lobby to get this as a bill on election.
 

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
1,369
0
0
40
Marklar
0.00₥
Coqui said:
Well honestly this is the first I heard of it possibly garnering serious interest in the US. I didn't even know until this thread that people were trying to lobby to get this as a bill on election.
I guess it is just some of my more vocal friends, then. I've heard quite a bit about it. The site has been sent to me many times.
 

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
1,369
0
0
40
Marklar
0.00₥
Coqui said:
I try to dissasociate politics with my friends.
I don't know. Every now and then it is fun to discuss politics with my friends. Especially the smarter ones. It can be a fairly educational experience. And learning is almost always good.

More than that, I would rather a friend point out where I'm wrong on something than someone I don't like. I may actually listen to the friend. :)
 
I

I Robert I

Guest
I'm not reading that, but taxes suck. I'm in Sweden for fuck sake, I know what I'm talking about.