WTF $5/Gallon?

Not the oil companies, the politicians that are funded by their money, and the millions of people who's retirement funds are roped into oil companies in some way or another.

The oil companies don't care. They're in the process of trying to convert themselves to "energy" companies. But none of it matters until some cheaper way to generate power is found.

The oil companies don't care. They're in the process of trying to convert themselves to "energy" companies. But none of it matters until some cheaper way to generate power is found.

Personally do you think one or more of the oil companies has an answer already but are holding off on it while they are reaping multibillion dollar profits for the foreseeable future?

Their cost efficiency is EXACTLY why we use them. Once something becomes more cost efficient, everything will magically switch to it.

we use fossil fuels because it is the only thing available. people want alternatives.

Personally do you think one or more of the oil companies has an answer already but are holding off on it while they are reaping multibillion dollar profits for the foreseeable future?

Absolutely not. That's ridiculous to think there could be collusion on that grand of a scale. The federal government cant keep State Department docs and illegal wiretaps secret and you really think a public company could hide such a thing? That's silly and counterproductive to them as a publicly traded company.

Last edited:
I only want alternatives if they are cheaper. And more importantly, so do businesses. And consumers. There is no million man petroleum march. No one cares. Yet.

Because there is no march no one cares? Let me remind you that this is in Europe where they have a much more progressive mindset than over here. I'm willing to bet my virgin ass that the Europeans really really want this.

Because there is no march no one cares? Let me remind you that this is in Europe where they have a much more progressive mindset than over here. I'm willing to bet my virgin ass that the Europeans really really want this.

They'd probably be much better off just using the money required to pass and enforce that crap on investing in alternate fuel technologies. Besides, nothing will come of any of this until the US invents it anyway...

They'd probably be much better off just using the money required to pass and enforce that crap on investing in alternate fuel technologies. Besides, nothing will come of any of this until the US invents it anyway...

Nah.. They're leaps and bounds ahead of you guys for a reason. They push forward while you guys argue everyday about whether to move forward or go back 50 years..

they want it but want others to pay for it. does most of europe even drive? it really effect most of them directly?

i'd appreciate a steady rate for an energy source for once though.

they want it but want others to pay for it. does most of europe even drive? it really effect most of them directly?

i'd appreciate a steady rate for an energy source for once though.

Huh?

Other to pay for it? What does that even mean?

the people who really want it, are the people who are not financially responsible for it.

ever talk to a douche bag that rides his bike to work everyday simply because he's a broke fuck that can't afford a car, so he spends his entire time talking about people cruising around in their 'cages' ruining the environment? maybe its just me, being a mountain biker i get to deal with these types every now and then who think we have a common bond just because they see me out on a bike... :rolleyes:

...its also an unenforceable resolution. what happens in 2050 if no decent alternative is around? they start fining everyone? throwing on extremely high taxes on fossil fuels? shuts the economy down and public gets pissed cause they can no longer afford to live and vote it down in 40 years?

the people who really want it, are the people who are not financially responsible for it.

ever talk to a douche bag that rides his bike to work everyday simply because he's a broke fuck that can't afford a car, so he spends his entire time talking about people cruising around in their 'cages' ruining the environment? maybe its just me, being a mountain biker i get to deal with these types every now and then who think we have a common bond just because they see me out on a bike... :rolleyes:

...its also an unenforceable resolution. what happens in 2050 if no decent alternative is around? they start fining everyone? throwing on extremely high taxes on fossil fuels? shuts the economy down and public gets pissed cause they can no longer afford to live and vote it down in 40 years?

:lol: