Food 2021 Garden Thrad

I only eat mushrooms that have been sneezed on by half the people in walmart.

It eats the mushrooms or it picks its nose again.
hannibal lecter 90s GIF

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
It eats the mushrooms or it picks its nose again.
hannibal lecter 90s GIF
Your worry - It's the instinctive thing, like snakes and spiders. Mushrooms are very "unknown". No seeds. Why do they appear? Which ones are poison? Don't eat the ones the animals eat, you'll end up dead.
You said something about it being important to identify them correctly a while back. Absolutely. I only collect 7 types from the wild. All sorts of tasty ones that have look-a-likes I won't even bother with. Nah, extremely painful way to die with some of those. And it doesn't hit you until it is way too late for medical care to help. Fuck that. Ah - I would never collect magic mushrooms from the wild either.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Placing my seed orders, and a lot of stuff is already out of stock.

Keeping it simple with two tomato varieties this year, one that i know grows well, and a new disease resistant variety from the same line. Also trying ground cherries, never had those before but they sound interesting. I still cant find a cucumber variety that will live past like 1 harvest before the downy mildew gets it.

103752aAji Rico Hybrid Pepper - 10 seeds
102351aAunt Molly's Ground Cherry - 100 seeds
102271aBlack Beauty Eggplant - 850 seeds
102252aDukat Dill Herb - 1000 seeds
100006aGoliath Jalapeno Hybrid Pepper - 20 seeds
102281aGoya Hybrid Eggplant - 25 seeds
104121aHarvest Moon Hybrid Watermelon - 10 seeds
300489aMountain Gem Hybrid Tomato - 10 seeds
300495aMountain Magic Hybrid Campari Tomato - 10 seeds

Gonna upgrade my seed starting. The current trays i have are a weird dimension and dont have standard humidity trays.

Also need to get one or two nice LED grow lights to replace my old T8s.

I got a Burpee reminder in December and thought it’s a bit early to order seeds. But why not get it done.

Glad I did.

My hippie chicken feed store is in the middle of changing suppliers because the first commune got too lazy to keep the shelves stocked so now I got some Jerry Garcia's estate approved crumbles for the interim and next big buy probably be something endorsed by Phish.

• Love
My hippie chicken feed store is in the middle of changing suppliers because the first commune got too lazy to keep the shelves stocked so now I got some Jerry Garcia's estate approved crumbles for the interim and next big buy probably be something endorsed by Phish.

Hucking Fippies, can't count on them for anything!!!
I'm gonna try your "eggs per bag" cost calculation . Scraped the bottom of the bag last night . . - going to stock up today and start counting with tomorrow's food drops. I'm officially over hard-boiled pickled eggs for a while. HB'd, chopped and froze last 21. I think the dog could stand another 1 or 2, so we got that going for us. :)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

The Life and Times of Featherly Adams

Hucking Fippies, can't count on them for anything!!!
I'm gonna try your "eggs per bag" cost calculation . Scraped the bottom of the bag last night . . - going to stock up today and start counting with tomorrow's food drops. I'm officially over hard-boiled pickled eggs for a while. HB'd, chopped and froze last 21. I think the dog could stand another 1 or 2, so we got that going for us. :)

Used my post on 2/23 here to close out that count and start another. Would expect something different as things went a little sideways with the big freeze and changing feed sources and stuff but hey that's life, shit happens, we'll see how it goes.

• Gravy
Got up to 60f today, so it was coop clean out. I'd estimate 1000lbs.+ of chicken shit and bedding. Serious - I use the "deep bedding" method of keeping them warm and let the bedding and shit build up about a foot deep. Shit-mix threw out some serious heat.

Started an "eggs per bag of feed" calendar - fresh bag.

Zone 5 checking in: Got 14 trays of plants(peppers, herbs, spinach, kale) started, will start another 16+ starting in 2 weeks.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and fly