Pics 2018 Pics thread (Yay it works again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
18121895Resized201812131336555580.jpg

Found myself wondering what else was broke on this thing.

I wish we had vehicle safety inspections here.

FL doesn't have safety inspections at all? Just emissions?

Actually, that would pass here if you tied it up out of view or just took it off. Maybe even as is depending on where you took it or if the inspector wasn't an actual mechanic.

They do drive it, but no more than around the block. I assume to see if the speedometer works and the brakes don't make horrendous noise.
The rest is lights, horn, mirrors are there, etc. I've got some cars to pass you'd be scared to drive because everything that was wrong with them weren't things on the checklist the automaton had to follow.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
FL doesn't have safety inspections at all? Just emissions?

Actually, that would pass here if you tied it up out of view or just took it off. Maybe even as is depending on where you took it or if the inspector wasn't an actual mechanic.

They do drive it, but no more than around the block. I assume to see if the speedometer works and the brakes don't make horrendous noise.
The rest is lights, horn, mirrors are there, etc. I've got some cars to pass you'd be scared to drive because everything that was wrong with them weren't things on the checklist the automaton had to follow.
Not even emissions outside of federal standards (which are never ever checked)

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Not even emissions outside of federal standards (which are never ever checked)

That's way behind the times.

Emissions here apply to the counties in and around major cities because density, air pollution, etc. and they get checked. State won't renew your registration without it. It doesn't apply to rural counties where there's more cattle or armadillos per square mile than people though.

Basic safety inspection applies to everything including the classics and again State won't renew registration without it. That's just your basic lights work, horn blows, seatbelts (if the vehicle had them as standard equipment when it was built) are there and work, tires aren't completely bald, etc. Basic stuff so at least you get your shit squared away once a year. Emissions, modern safety equipment, etc. don't apply to anything 24 year and older.

This seems reasonable to me but apparently Florida is way more....how shall I put this nicely.........

I'm a part time musician dam-nit, I'm sure I've done worse.:fly:

The Honda Accord one IS impressive.

I've occasionally seen a car at Home Depot where someone broke a spring or had a roof column start to give and totally fuck a door, trying to put 25-30 sheets of drywall or plywood on top of a car. Nothing sadder than a small time carpenter where his pickup truck takes a shit from overloading in the parking lot of HD. The public shame and humility. hmm, I guess right in front of the building would be worse.:egads:
I once had to wait for roadside assistance iin Home Depot parking lot, and 100000 people offered assistance in that half an hour. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.