2 great WTF pics from today

SchmilK

Flaccid Member
Jun 22, 2005
Marklar
₥0
Ok so its 3... 1st was seen on the way home. Small little hellicopter with a guy sitting on the landing gear working on the power lines! :eek: WTF!?!?! One car was pulled over taking a picture, i took 2 driving by from the outside lane :) I've left the photo untouched to see just what is going on...pretty freaky!!
DSC06903.JPG

DSC06904.JPG

This one is some dude who had something to do with the TV show Full House from a show on E! that Sarah is watching about Full House...funny cause 2 days ago my buddy sent me a link with a video called "Rollin with Saget" OMG I think i've watched it 20 some times so far, its freakin hillarious!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I0U4P9Imis&search=rollin%20saget

Maybe if i have a hairline like that one day i'll sport the crown of thorns look LOL
sweetdoo.jpg

Last edited:
eileenbunny said:
Those pictures are huge yet still the action described is not really visible.

Yeah i know :( If i would have pulled ove rlike the other guy i coulda gotten a better pic i guess...

guy.jpg

why_ask_why said:
was the chopper actually stuck on the lines/tower?

I couldnt tell if it was connected or just 'right there' but the guy on the side was definitely reaching and 'touching' the power line tops!!

According to a buddy of mine who works for the power company out in colorado, who just replied to my email i sent him, this is the typical way of working on those huge power towers!!! I too want to know how much that would rake in!

SchmilK said:
According to a buddy of mine who works for the power company out in colorado, who just replied to my email i sent him, this is the typical way of working on those huge power towers!!! I too want to know how much that would rake in!
That is just about what I was going to say :(

They cant get trucks under the lines so they use helos. Fun thing is that if they touch ground while working on the lines huge explosions follow etc.

SchmilK said:

Yeah, I saw a documentary on it. They use the same principle as birds sitting on a power line, safe because there's no connection to the ground. Apparently there's a high rate of health problems, though.

FlamingGlory said:
That is just about what I was going to say :(

They cant get trucks under the lines so they use helos. Fun thing is that if they touch ground while working on the lines huge explosions follow etc.

I use to work for a sign company when I was younger. Building signs, painting billboards etc. We were always told that if the boom on the crane on the truck ever hit power lines to never ever ever try to get off the truck. The tires kept you from being grounded and if you tried to jump off you risk the power arcing and killing you.

I always was never sure to believe that or not until a guy I had met at another sign company accidentially got in that situation. He was swapping out a low billboard and turned the crane wrong and hit some powerlines too close to the billboard. His partner was in the cab of the truck when he noticed what had happened. He yelled don't fucking move and he'd call the power company for help. The guy on back freaked and tried to jump for it. The guys at his company said he got blown right out of his shoes as soon as he touched the ground. A few internal organs were fried and he was baked. The guy in the cab just about shit his pants and almost jumped out of the cab . He quit soon after that. Crazy. After hearing that I was always extremly careful not to do that.

b_sinning said:
I use to work for a sign company when I was younger. Building signs, painting billboards etc. We were always told that if the boom on the crane on the truck ever hit power lines to never ever ever try to get off the truck. The tires kept you from being grounded and if you tried to jump off you risk the power arcing and killing you.

I always was never sure to believe that or not until a guy I had met at another sign company accidentially got in that situation. He was swapping out a low billboard and turned the crane wrong and hit some powerlines too close to the billboard. His partner was in the cab of the truck when he noticed what had happened. He yelled don't fucking move and he'd call the power company for help. The guy on back freaked and tried to jump for it. The guys at his company said he got blown right out of his shoes as soon as he touched the ground. A few internal organs were fried and he was baked. The guy in the cab just about shit his pants and almost jumped out of the cab . He quit soon after that. Crazy. After hearing that I was always extremly careful not to do that.
Electricity is like MAGIC. I got to turn on the mains at a hydroelectric dam for a paper plant when I was like 5. They put me on a rubber mat and said to keep one hand in my pocket and NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. :cool:

There is also a neat effect from helos that put people onto submarines. The rotors build up so much static electricity that they have to ground out before people can be lowered onto deck, otherwise the rotors will ground out through the people being lowered. ZZZT dead.

FlamingGlory said:
Electricity is like MAGIC. I got to turn on the mains at a hydroelectric dam for a paper plant when I was like 5. They put me on a rubber mat and said to keep one hand in my pocket and NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. :cool:

There is also a neat effect from helos that put people onto submarines. The rotors build up so much static electricity that they have to ground out before people can be lowered onto deck, otherwise the rotors will ground out through the people being lowered. ZZZT dead.
I saw that in The Hunt for Red October, I think.

Is anyone else curious how in the fuck you land that chopper?

ceiling fly said:
I saw that in The Hunt for Red October, I think.

Is anyone else curious how in the fuck you land that chopper?

the little deck for the dude has to be crossing the skids so it can land on the skids just fine since it's above

why_ask_why said:
the little deck for the dude has to be crossing the skids so it can land on the skids just fine since it's above
Enough talk about your little deck...

Seriously tho, landing on that has to take some SKILL