Hawt NFL Deserves Its Own Thread - THIS ONE

Not to defend Flowers, but I also just generally hate how the rules are completely opposite for a passing TD vs a rushing TD.

Feet have to be in the endzone = passing TD
Ball has to be in the endzone = rushing TD
Can't fumble the ball = passing TD
We don't fucking care what happens to the ball = rushing TD

I'd like them changed to be the same thing. Down in the endzone and maintain possession.

Not to defend Flowers, but I also just generally hate how the rules are completely opposite for a passing TD vs a rushing TD.

I'd like them changed to be the same thing. Down in the endzone and maintain possession.
I can see the argument for can't fumble with passing. Generally a fumble with passing means you didn't have full possession.

Rest of it makes sense

Feet have to be on the field to make a catch. It all boils down to actually being in posesión of the ball.

You can change the rules to be consistent, but good luck getting the refs to make calls in a consistent manner.
Like at all.

You can change the rules to be consistent, but good luck getting the refs to make calls in a consistent manner.
Like at all.
Also, I don't know why we aren't using tech to be able to pinpoint the exact location of the ball at any point.

Nobody wants games to come down to human error and refs making calls (or unable to make calls) when they can't see the ball.

Also, I don't know why we aren't using tech to be able to pinpoint the exact location of the ball at any point.

Nobody wants games to come down to human error and refs making calls (or unable to make calls) when they can't see the ball.
I think they were going with it being equally prone to human for everyone vis a vis possibly unreliable tech.
Yeah, but the ball doesn’t have to break the plane of the end zone on a pass
You dont actually have to touch it down either 🧑‍🏭

Baltimore came out like it was already in the bag which is how they got their losses this year. It's pretty bad when you can just see the first series of plays and already know they are on cruise control and not trying.

What the hell happened to the Lions in the second half of that game? I think there half time adjustments were to sniff glue and watch SpongeBob cartoons. The looked clueless.

Seeing these football players cry at the national anthem makes me want to watch Shoresy grimace at the shitty flute again.
GIF by Giphy QA