Zombies...

We all just saw the Dawn of the Dead remake this week... are zombie movies supposed to be that cheesy? I saw the original Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later (I watched that alone before bed one night, that creeped the freak out of me) and the other one.. with the 5th Element girl?

The world needs more horror flicks, the ones these days are too funny. I like bein skeerd.

How long do zombies exist though? Is it a forever thing?

zengirl said:
We all just saw the Dawn of the Dead remake this week... are zombie movies supposed to be that cheesy? I saw the original Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later (I watched that alone before bed one night, that creeped the freak out of me) and the other one.. with the 5th Element girl?

The world needs more horror flicks, the ones these days are too funny. I like bein skeerd.

How long do zombies exist though? Is it a forever thing?

I liked the remake. It was a worthwhile watch.

And zombe expiration dates vary depending on the movie/background.

You know after watching Dawn of the Dead (the new one) about ten billion times on Stars, I think I would hold up in a mall.

I mean you have just about all manner of supplies available at a mall. Plenty of exits and places to hide / escape should the zombies breach the shatter proof glass. Food in the food court. A big roof for a helicopter to lad on. Possible modes of transportation in the parking garage. A second level you could escape to. If you could figure out ways to tear down any access to the second floor save one secure method you'd be set.

The only thing you'd need is some guns though. That would be the tough part. Those would need to be secured before entering. The mall would just be a temporary thing. I'd probably try to find some area of the world that wasn't zombie infested through the mall internet qiosks should they still be operational.

Millions said:
You know after watching Dawn of the Dead (the new one) about ten billion times on Stars, I think I would hold up in a mall.

I mean you have just about all manner of supplies available at a mall. Plenty of exits and places to hide / escape should the zombies breach the shatter proof glass. Food in the food court. A big roof for a helicopter to lad on. Possible modes of transportation in the parking garage. A second level you could escape to. If you could figure out ways to tear down any access to the second floor save one secure method you'd be set.

The only thing you'd need is some guns though. That would be the tough part. Those would need to be secured before entering. The mall would just be a temporary thing. I'd probably try to find some area of the world that wasn't zombie infested through the mall internet qiosks should they still be operational.

How many malls have shatterproof glass? A mall would be too big for my comfort, unless it had a lot of living people in it. The only benefit would be all the toys and gadgets.

Of course, once you played through the current library of video games you would come to realize that no more new releases would be coming out.

Millions said:

A lot of malls have knife stores though, you could use those if all else failed.

Millions said:

No way man, too many points of entry, too many weak points, too many places for the fuckers to be hiding inside before you get there.

smileynev said:
I liked the remake. It was a worthwhile watch.

And zombe expiration dates vary depending on the movie/background.
I'm not saying I didn't like it, but I didn't know if I was supposed to giggle throughout a zombie movie like that :fly:

Millions said:

I agree, I'd go to Gurnee Mills which is about 2 miles from my house, it's 1 mile of mall and has one of those Bass Pro Shops in it, as well as a Circuit City and Kohls. (and Sacks 5th ave and liz claiborne.. omg i'm going shopping...) but pretty much anything you need to stay put for a long time... and the Bass Pro Shop not only has plenty of ammo, but it also has live fish (like bass and trout and all thems eatin fish) so I do think the mall would be a great place to go.

Oh yeah, alone the mall would be too big. I'd plan on having family and friends with me...and most of the modern malls I've been in have either shatter proof glass to protect from theft or those rolling gates.

As for too many points of entry...if you could get there soon enough and had a few people I bet you could get it fairly secure. Plus if they did get in you'd have lots of room to escape. If they break into your house or a small structure, your pretty much boned if they have it surrounded.

tropical island that was used as a former secret military base and research facility. Stocked with plenty of food, weapons, and resources to last for several generations if necessary.

And a directv dish with all the channels. I mean all of them.

smileynev said:
tropical island that was used as a former secret military base and research facility. Stocked with plenty of food, weapons, and resources to last for several generations if necessary.

I don't think anything would be playing on tv.

smileynev said:

"Welcome to the Zombie Spice Channel. All zombies, all hot, all the time.

MROOOAAAN. RaaawwwrrrrrRRR. GURRRR-RAWRRRR-URRRGGHH. Mwaaarrrrhhh. Unf. Unf. Unf. Lerrrooyyyy Jennkins. Rawwwwwwrr Murrrraaahhhhh. Blllhaaaahhhh."

b_sinning said:
I don't think anything would be playing on tv.
:lol: So a mall would be ideal so long as they have a computer store, a game store and a movie store.

When I lived in Colorado we used to drive out to old abandoned missile silos out in the eastern plains and, like fucking morons, venture into them. The bottom four or five stories of the silo was filled with rainwater, but holy shit were those things awesome. Underground complexes for hour after hour of exploration...if you're like me you walk around the entire time with a boner. Of course if anything happens no one knows where you are, and won't until the next group of idiots bring coolers of beer down to party and be stupid.

Anyway, you could fortify the hell out of those things, and I don't think many zombies would be out wandering the plains.

Drool-Boy said:
And backup generators.
Depending on how long the crisis lasts, the powergrid could go down.
Well, I would also requre a practical thinker, such as yourself. I wouldn't know the first thing about that sort of stuff. My survival training skills are based solely upon 0 electricity. :lol: