Zombie Dream

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
OK, since this is my 3rd dream post I'm sure you all have figured out I tend to dream a lot and somehow recall them. This one is sort of interesting so let's see if we can analyze it.

I should note, this is a recurring dream, I have had it at least 3 times now with only slight variation each time.

The dream begins with me standing in a field with 5 other people that I feel I know in the dream but in reality I have no idea who they are. We have a hoard of zombies coming across the field after us...the only fresh meat in the vicinity. We decide to split up, 3 people decide to barricade themselves in a junk yard adjacent to the field that is fenced in. I and the only girl in the group decide to make a break for a large house at the opposite end of the field.

We make it to the house and immediately run upstairs into a small room at the end of the hall. We shut and jam the door and look out the window. Most of the zombies went for the junkyard but a few are approaching the house. Our friends in the junkyard have firearms and are blasting away through the fence, but ultimately the zombies break through and take them all out. Much flesh feasting begins as I hear the other zombies break into the bottom level of the house.

Variation 1: We look around and notice a small door to a crawl space attic type thing. We climb in and shut the door hoping that the zombies are too dumb to find the semi-hidden door. They are in the room, we hear them searching about. They find the door, break in, and bite a huge chunk out of my neck. The End

Variation 2: We notice the small door but ignore it, then I notice a chain that will pull down a real attic space with the drop down ladder thing. I know that zombies are not the most agile beings so we climb up, i pull up the ladder and pull the door up behind us. I then notice a large extendable ladder, the kind with the rope on them. I cut off the rope and tie it to the trap door and then fasten it to a 2x4 in the attic to make the door harder to pull down. I then pull up the chain.

The Zombies get into the room below, we hear them groaning with frustration. Then I wake up as they crash stuff around down there.

Other facts:

Dinner that night: Beef Pot Pie/Bass to drink followed by Famous Amos Cookies and water.
TV Watched: Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy
Activities: Blondie

theacoustician said:
I think its God's way of punishing you for not coming up to camp out with us.

JPatrick said:
And for not coming to the atlanta meet

I woulda if I coulda. :(

I do however remember waking up from this dream last night and thinking damn, this is what Knyte was preparing for

Last edited:
Wait, you aren't coming up with us this weekend?

Nope :( I have a mini-interview at Clariant in Charlotte this Friday so I'll be there this weekend. But as a chemical engineer, working for Clariant should make you hot in your trousers ;)

Nope :( I have a mini-interview at Clariant in Charlotte this Friday so I'll be there this weekend. But as a chemical engineer, working for Clariant should make you hot in your trousers ;)

Interviewed with them back at Tech. Seemed like a pretty good company, would have been interested in some R&D work if there was any. After seeing the shit that Chemical Sales Reps (like our onsite contracted suppliers) have to go through though, no thanks.

Edit: btw, Boo to you working over teh weekend of teh Wii!

Last edited:
Interviewed with them back at Tech. Seemed like a pretty good company, would have been interested in some R&D work if there was any. After seeing the shit that Chemical Sales Reps (like our onsite contracted suppliers) have to go through though, no thanks.

Edit: btw, Boo to you working over teh weekend of teh Wii!

I will be taking on some temp jobs for them for now, if I like them and they like me who knows where it will lead. The work is of course IT related and not to do at all with chemicals.

Did the girl have big boobs?

Honestly, I don't recall noticing her boobs so I guess they were normal. I suppose I'm not a boob man when legions of the undead are advancing with the sole intent of devouring my flesh

I don't think zombies should be able to run.

I think it makes them much more scarier when they have the ability to attack like that. Slow zombies that can only make baby steps are not at all scary to me. Its like "oh no, the zombies are coming, lets eat lunch and then walk at a somewhat faster pace to escape them!!!"

Did the zombies walk to the point where you could just speed walk to get away from them or were they runners like the new Dawn of the Dead?

They weren't Shawn of the Dead slow but they weren't Dawn of the dead quick either. They never ran after me but the problem is that even if you run away, some more will likely be up ahead and eventually you will be surrounded and overcome. You just have to pick your spot to put up defenses and make a stand.