zappos.com pays new employees $1,000 to quit.

never heard of zappos before until a week or two ago...one of the admin assistants to the ceo has a crate of shoes from there by her desk

I have a 0 negativity policy, first negative comment on the floor and you get sent home immediately. We also do tons of cash games and prizes throughout the day. I do a Q&A style Jeopardy game where your answer decides how much money I give you and if it is a weak answer another employee can steal it with a more complete answer. Our parent company also gave them a separate goal which adds about 150 bucks to the their check each week.

That's why Zappo's is so cool. They send you shoes, you try them on. If you don't like them you can send them back for free. They'll send you as many pairs as you want at once. It's very easy and it cuts out the hassle of going to actual shoes stores. Going out in public is scary these days!

oooo interesting

That's why Zappo's is so cool. They send you shoes, you try them on. If you don't like them you can send them back for free. They'll send you as many pairs as you want at once. It's very easy and it cuts out the hassle of going to actual shoes stores. Going out in public is scary these days!

Sending order for 750 pairs of shoes now.

Wow. That's unreal. You used them like they should have been, yet they gave you a new pair free? WHOA!

They said they have a lifetime warranty with no questions asked on all their products...so basically if you buy it, wear it out, and they still sell something comparable...they'll replace it.

speaking of customer service...I have a jansport backpack that is a good 16-17 years old...I found it in my dorm room sophomore year of college after a party...about 10 years ago every zipper on it had broken so I brought it to REI where they shipped it back to jansport for a complete refurb for free on a backpack I didn't even buy at a store it most likely wasn't purchased at either...came back like new

speaking of customer service...I have a jansport backpack that is a good 16-17 years old...I found it in my dorm room sophomore year of college after a party...about 10 years ago every zipper on it had broken so I brought it to REI where they shipped it back to jansport for a complete refurb for free on a backpack I didn't even buy at a store it most likely wasn't purchased at either...came back like new

Yeah, my zippers kept splitting on my jansport back in the '90s i had it refurbed twice and gave up. The service was great but the product was crappy. Bought a camptrails daypack with the huge, super durable zipper and never had the problem...had that pack now for 12+ years

That's pretty great but like it was said before: shoes and pants are something I have to buy in a store. I need the shoes to fit right and be perfect and my pants have to show off my ass. These are obsessive things I can only ensure are correct in a store. Everything else I get online.

That's pretty great but like it was said before: shoes and pants are something I have to buy in a store. I need the shoes to fit right and be perfect and my pants have to show off my ass. These are obsessive things I can only ensure are correct in a store. Everything else I get online.

But its free shipping and returns!

edit: And hello long, lost friend!

LLBean. I've had to take my winter jacket to their store every couple of years the zipper breaks. After the third free replacement, one would think someone in Management would get the hint not to use those crappy plastic YKK zippers. Guys honestly, the extra $15 or whatever for metal zippers would really make me a happy camper. :fly:

Back in highschool, one of my friends got jumped by the the HS bully. Afterwards my friend went to the bully's car (which was unlocked) and stole the kids LLBean bookbag. He returned it to LLBean and got full cash value (back when LLBean gave you cash for returned items, note they only do instore credit now).

My work use to be a lot more fun but they are becoming more of a bureaucracy every year. They use to give you money on your birthday, employee appreciation fun events, etc. Now it's mission statements, written goals, and HR bullshit. I guess that happens almost everywhere when they grow.

My work use to be a lot more fun but they are becoming more of a bureaucracy every year. They use to give you money on your birthday, employee appreciation fun events, etc. Now it's mission statements, written goals, and HR bullshit. I guess that happens almost everywhere when they grow.

turner was like that until time warner came in :(