zappos.com pays new employees $1,000 to quit.

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,291
Steam
mattressfish
http://discussionleader.hbsp.com/taylor/2008/05/wy_zappos_pays_new_employees_t.html

Cliffs notes on the article: New employees go through four weeks of training. At the end of the first week, they are offered that week's salary plus $1,000 if they want to leave. The idea being that if they'll take the $1k, it isn't the kind of dedicated employee the company wants. They feel that they benefit more by weeding out these people. Awesome :clap:

So this is awesome. I love companies that provide good service. I do my best to seek them out and reward them with my return business as much as possible. www.zappos.com is one of those companies. I knew it was a friendly company, but after reading this, I'll be buying ALL my shoes from them.

Do you have any companies that have offered you GREAT service that you can recommend?

The company I work for now is like that. They made it abundantly clear when I started there that they want happy employees. It is the first place I have work at that would say that and follow through. Hell, when I went for the interview and told him how much money I wanted then asked if that was fair, the owner said no. It wasn't fair because it wasn't enough.

I have always had awesome service from lands end. For example, I bought shoes from them 3 years ago that I wore at least 4 days a week for the whole 3 years. The treads were fine but the insole was worn through. I called them up and just inquired if they had the same shoe still in stock, I liked them a lot and wanted to buy another pair...Lands End said no way, just send them back to us and we'll send you a new pair no charge. They even paid for the shipping. They got an A+ for that one.

I have always had awesome service from lands end. For example, I bought shoes from them 3 years ago that I wore at least 4 days a week for the whole 3 years. The treads were fine but the insole was worn through. I called them up and just inquired if they had the same shoe still in stock, I liked them a lot and wanted to buy another pair...Lands End said no way, just send them back to us and we'll send you a new pair no charge. They even paid for the shipping. They got an A+ for that one.

Wow. That's unreal. You used them like they should have been, yet they gave you a new pair free? WHOA!

I can't buy shoes without trying them on first :confused:

where's that company located? I could use some extra scratch

That's why Zappo's is so cool. They send you shoes, you try them on. If you don't like them you can send them back for free. They'll send you as many pairs as you want at once. It's very easy and it cuts out the hassle of going to actual shoes stores. Going out in public is scary these days!

and I was somewhere recently that I loved the service.. it escapes me.

LuckyMassage-741269.jpg

???

The company I work for now is like that. They made it abundantly clear when I started there that they want happy employees. It is the first place I have work at that would say that and follow through. Hell, when I went for the interview and told him how much money I wanted then asked if that was fair, the owner said no. It wasn't fair because it wasn't enough.

Hmm...are they accepting resumes?

One thing that really bugs the heck out of me regarding customer service reps is when they ask me why several times. If I'm returning something and you ask why I'm returning it, I will happily tell you. But if my answer is because I didn't use it and you ask why I didn't use it, I feel thats none of your business.

I got pulled over by a cop recently for having great hair (I suspect). He walked up and asked me where I was going. I said "I don't see how that's any of your business," and he says "Everything in this town is my business."

:wtf: I said "Is that a fact," and handed him my license and registration and he just walked off to run them through his computer. What a fag.

/randomcomment

I got pulled over by a cop recently for having great hair (I suspect). He walked up and asked me where I was going. I said "I don't see how that's any of your business," and he says "Everything in this town is my business."

:wtf: I said "Is that a fact," and handed him my license and registration and he just walked off to run them through his computer. What a fag.

/randomcomment

I hate having grape hair.