Advice You're Elongated Musk and You Just Bought Useless Forums, how do you ruin it?

I just find it ironic that Musk does *some* good things, but you seemingly toxic anti-Muskers seem completely unable to admit it. Same thing happens with fascist dictators in that we're not allowed to discuss good things they did.
I mean I get it but this forum is 95% taking cheap shots at people 4% trying to wife kiki, and 1% 3d printing.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
I just find it ironic that Musk does *some* good things, but you seemingly toxic anti-Muskers seem completely unable to admit it. Same thing happens with fascist dictators in that we're not allowed to discuss good things they did.
people are never 100% good or bad, it depends on which issues are important to us in the case of guys like Musk. Some issues overwhelmingly cause us to see people as bad, like the things facsist dictators tend to do. When a guy says he can wipe out world hunger and instead buys a social media company, he's not likely to be painted as a good guy.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I, and probably others, find it ironic that you can't separate Musk from the companies he is CEO of.

Seriously, what has Musk done?

You sound like you're down some alt right rabbit hole. Honestly. Maybe review your media consumption cos it sounds a bit whack if its leading you to view stuff like this.

If dictators doing good things is a hill for you then I'd recommend changing something that's going on...
My media consumption consists of the Washington Post, NY Times, and NBC News. Try again. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
I, and probably others, find it ironic that you can't separate Musk from the companies he is CEO of.

Seriously, what has Musk done?
Putting the shoe on the other foot, can you explain why you think SpaceX isn't a success? And if do think its a success, please tell me why Musk doesn't deserve credit.

This goes back to the construct that CEOs dont actually contribute anything to society or do any work. Which is patently false but often repeated.

A gaggle of engineers isnt gonna get high level strategic stuff done in any capacity. They may be responsible for the individual technical wins, but the higher ups, including the CEO are the ones that provide the enablers for all that to happen. The funding, the FTEs, the view that represents all the pieces together, and the methodologies needed to make all those things successful.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Putting the shoe on the other foot, can you explain why you think SpaceX isn't a success? And if do think its a success, please tell me why Musk doesn't deserve credit.
SpaceX is an excellent example of minimaxing government support, which is something that the Raytheons, Boeings, and Honeywells of the world have been doing for a generation or more (and, conveniently, got trialed for Musk in Tesla).

Musk doesn't deserve credit because his attitude towards the people who got SpaceX to where it is is contemptible, and he's used them hard, without regard for work/life balance that wouldn't have cost him anything in the long run except to build a softer reputation.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
^^ that exact method is an example of the knowhow that a CEO provides to enable the workers to have resources and success.

Whether minimaxing gov support is ethical is another question... but as you noted, its a tool of the trade.

can you explain why you think SpaceX isn't a success?
 Again, stop putting words in my arguments that I didn't say.
Fuck's sake.

As for the rest, see Jenkum's post. Hell, see my post where I mention how the good his companies have done is outweighed by how much of a shitbird he is.

SpaceX is an excellent example of minimaxing government support, which is something that the Raytheons, Boeings, and Honeywells of the world have been doing for a generation or more (and, conveniently, got trialed for Musk in Tesla).

Musk doesn't deserve credit because his attitude towards the people who got SpaceX to where it is is contemptible, and he's used them hard, without regard for work/life balance that wouldn't have cost him anything in the long run except to build a softer reputation.
Without Musk, there's no SpaceX, without SpaceX we're back to 6 launches a year at $4B a piece. He's upended an entire industry. If rumors are true, it does seem he works people hard, however its not like this is some iPhone factory in China with nets on the sides dude...

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Without Musk, there's no SpaceX, without SpaceX we're back to 6 launches a year at $4B a piece. He's upended an entire industry. If rumors are true, it does seem he works people hard, however its not like this is some iPhone factory in China with nets on the sides dude...
This is all rank speculation on your part.