FYI Your Top 3 Apps

i heard cops are false reporting stuff on waze to fuck it up.

also, cars these days have gps built in. the really good ones have traffic through sirius.
It doesn't matter if people false report stuff. The real users will report that its not there and everything goes back to normal...

And everything else sucks for traffic routing as compared to Waze.

Brace yourself.

This is the new dashboard you'll be seeing in everything in 2 years.

u6y13iw.jpg
Guarantee you in 2 years, I'll still be looking at this dash:
DSCN0514.JPG

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I'm sort of on the carmarkers' side on this one.

A commodity LCD panel and single PCB mounted in a holder made out of 2-3 pieces of injection molded plastic is a heck of a lot simpler to make than the 100+ different needles, gears, stepper motors and other crap that you'll find on an old fashioned analog looking dash.

my dash is stupidly simple to remove, i was pleasantly surprised. my old one was a giant pain in the ass, and the one before that had to be cut out in places to remove it. designs have gotten a lot more service friendly.

A commodity LCD panel and single PCB mounted in a holder made out of 2-3 pieces of injection molded plastic is a heck of a lot simpler to make than the 100+ different needles, gears, stepper motors and other crap that you'll find on an old fashioned analog looking dash.

plus you can standardize on a single 4" or 8" LCD and use it in every model across your entire lineup for years.

its all modular now too. mine has an onstar module, a radio module, a navigation module, and an hmi module that brings all the other ones together with the screen. radio not working? replace that one module.

You don't need 100+ stepper motors or gears, just a 6 foot long spring that comes into the cabin from the sending unit in the transmission.