Your Christmas List

I support a season of generosity and thinking of others... and I love spoiling my neices and nephews. Most Christians gloss over the Christ part anyway so I'd say these days it's more of a Capitalistic holiday than a Christian one.

Yeah I'd pretty much agree with this.

Fatburger's family is hella Christian and every year we fight over the same thing- his siblings feel there are not enough gifts (Oh how I wish I were joking) and when I suggested we pool our money and instead of buying for each other, we support a local family and provide them with a Christmas. That was shot down immediately. Apparently everyone just really likes getting useless shit.

Bah humbug. I've never hated Christmas until I had to spend it with a bunch of over zealous Christians who make Christmas as little about Christ as possible

:rolleyes:

Seriously- I wouldn't care how many times a year I got a spa package... Fatburger could give me one for every holiday and I'd still be beside myself excited.

You'll even think that moreso after you've had the kid. Not only will it be a day of pampering, but a day to yourself as well.

You'll even think that moreso after you've had the kid. Not only will it be a day of pampering, but a day to yourself as well.

No kidding.

Last weekend I used my giftcard to the spa and got a pedi/manicure... then I thought to myself "why the heck didn't I save these for after the little peach makes her arrival?" Oh well, Valentine's day is just a few months away :fly:

No kidding.

Last weekend I used my giftcard to the spa and got a pedi/manicure... then I thought to myself "why the heck didn't I save these for after the little peach makes her arrival?" Oh well, Valentine's day is just a few months away :fly:

I like the way you think.

Makes it easier for him- he always knows what to get me.

Him on the other hand... our anniversary is in Oct, his bday in Nov and Christmas in Dec. All he ever wants are games for his Wii... seriously, how many times a year can I buy him video games?

Him on the other hand... our anniversary is in Oct, his bday in Nov and Christmas in Dec. All he ever wants are games for his Wii... seriously, how many times a year can I buy him video games?

Well, at least 3 apparently. Knyte usually ends up buying his own presents, almost always at least a month in advance, so I never have to worry about it.

hey, that's my line up as well! difference is, we don't usually do that gift thing, so that pressure's off!

Because it was originally the pagan holiday candlemas until Christians took it over to try to convert the pagans.

The more you know.

I should get everyone pentagrams.
You post the same thing in EVERY SINGLE CHRISTMAS THREAD. No one cares!

Ontopic, nothing.

This year I want to get:

2 books - Ronnie O'Sullivan's biography and Jamie Carragher's also.
Sex and The City movie
and I'm shopping around for charitys to ask people to donate to. My mum was going to 'buy me a cow' from one of this 'sustainable farming for the third world' charities but I think it's very short sighted and ignorant to think giving starving people a cow will somehow make them starve less.

I'm gonna get my s/o a nice mug from thinkgeek (RTFM mug), a HD ready TV (present for us both for the bedroom) and a couple of bits.
My dads going to get a bottle of whiskey, my mum some donation to a charity.
I dunno about my nephews (3 and 1), probably some crappy toy that they'll never use.

I also have to get pressies for a couple of friends, my granny and my brother.

Yeah I'd pretty much agree with this.

Fatburger's family is hella Christian and every year we fight over the same thing- his siblings feel there are not enough gifts (Oh how I wish I were joking) and when I suggested we pool our money and instead of buying for each other, we support a local family and provide them with a Christmas. That was shot down immediately. Apparently everyone just really likes getting useless shit.

Bah humbug. I've never hated Christmas until I had to spend it with a bunch of over zealous Christians who make Christmas as little about Christ as possible

:rolleyes:

yeah, that's hella wack too. now.. i'm not really for giving away money to strangers (who may or may not "need" it), but pooling money for something seems nice. if your family is big why don't yall draw names?

my mom told me last night she had something really nice for me. i am excited.

I want a few fire extinguishers and some comfy pajamas. One can never really have enough comfy pajamas... OH and slippers! We all need slippers too.

I think we're even going to do the Christmas tree thing this year too. I like them because they're pretty. Mostly what I want for christmas is my family around me. :)