you women who don't want your own kids...

If you read about the options for putting something in your arm the actual side effects are scary. Norplant is just creepy I remember my step-day (an OB/GYN) bringing home surgery videos to learn how to put them in and it looked nasty. Another option is a one implant in the arm but still there can be scars and it can move. You have to check it often to make sure that it doesn't move around.

Yeah, but the shit lasts 5 years, iirc.

Were you on the pill? I've had huge issues with side effects on birth control. I was convinced (and it took major convincing on the doctor's part) to use the Nuva Ring. Which is a ring that stays in the vag for 3 weeks solid and then you take it out for one week. Its actually really comfortable.

Yea I've tried 4 or 5 different brands, some are def better then others. I haven't tried the nuva ring, I may have to look into it.

1197483317583.jpg

Were you on the pill? I've had huge issues with side effects on birth control. I was convinced (and it took major convincing on the doctor's part) to use the Nuva Ring. Which is a ring that stays in the vag for 3 weeks solid and then you take it out for one week. Its actually really comfortable.

I've been curious about the Nuva Ring for a long time, but my doctor told me that since it's just a different way of administering the same hormones in the pill, there are the same side effects and risks associated with the Nuva Ring that there are with the pill. What do you think about this since you use it? My problem with the pill is that it turns me into some kind of crazy monster and I am unable to control my emotions.

I've been curious about the Nuva Ring for a long time, but my doctor told me that since it's just a different way of administering the same hormones in the pill, there are the same side effects and risks associated with the Nuva Ring that there are with the pill. What do you think about this since you use it? My problem with the pill is that it turns me into some kind of crazy monster and I am unable to control my emotions.

Well my problem with the pill was that it made me sick. I would have stomach aches all afternoon and wouldn't be able to keep much food down. I think that since its no longer something that I have to take orally (yeah yeah har dee har) that it doesn't affect me the same way. Also, I had a hard time remembering to take it everyday and since i am sexually active I had to figure something else out. I would say that its at least worth trying.