You wake up with an erection, what is your regimen?

Of course you can't, you wouldn't know if it did.

from everything i know about the nasal cavaties, it simply doesn't work that way from sniffling. it can go down the back of the throat and into the stmoach.....but not down the airways into the lungs. all the cilia stop that from happening.

in fact, i also know that studies find it counterintuitive to blow your nose hard when you have a cold. it can make things worse.... sniffling is actually the healtheir thing in that case.

from everything i know about the nasal cavaties, it simply doesn't work that way from sniffling. it can go down the back of the throat and into the stmoach.....but not down the airways into the lungs. all the cilia stop that from happening.

in fact, i also know that studies find it counterintuitive to blow your nose hard when you have a cold. it can make things worse.... sniffling is actually the healtheir thing in that case.

Everything I have experienced is counter to what you are saying.

mucus can go straight down your throat without you knowing.

I have really bad post nasal drip. Anytime I get a cold (like RIGHT FUCKING NOW AGAIN) I end up getting sick to my stomach, too, because I swallow a shit ton of mucus overnight, which upsets my tummy. And without sniffling, it just flows down there.

Before I had my septoplasty/turbinate reduction, I couldn't blow my nose at ALL without almost passing out because there was a ton of pressure and nothing would come out. Now, I can actually blow my nose and have junk come out, but large quantities still go down the back of my throat. It was worse when I had tonsils, and I'd get strep/tonsillitis several times a year. Now, I just get bronchitis a bunch.

My elementary school where I'm teaching has basically been passing around this same cold since it's been in session. We started school at the end of August, and this is the second time I've been sick since then. On the one hand, I'm annoyed that I've had more colds in a shorter time there than I ever did working at a lab where sick people went and gave me their fluids, but on the other hand I realize that patients' hygiene was better than my third graders', and that I was washing my hands 100-200 times a day (not an exaggeration).

science

down the back of the throat, sure. snot doesn't go into the lungs.

mucus from the lungs can come up when sick and it releases from the lungs....but it's not from you sniffling it down into your lungs.

ummm if it's happening to me, is that not science?

ummm if it's happening to me, is that not science?
It could be that the same things in your body that is causing it to make tons of snot mucus is also causing your lungs/trachea area to create lots of mucus there, too. This would lead to increased sputum.

It seems like it's all the same snot, because it's all basically the same consistency, and it's all kind of mingling down in that area, but it has a different point of origin.

Does that sound about right?

that's about right.

at worst, snot from the nose, when sniffled, goes down the throat into the digestive system....it does not go into the lungs.

the shit in your lungs during a cold/infection.....the same shit that comes up with a cough or hack when the lungs release it.....is not the same shit from your nose.

Last edited:
that's about right.

at worst, snot from the nose, when sniffled, goes down the throat into the digestive system....it does not go into the lungs.

the shit in your lungs during a cold/infection.....the same shit that comes up with a cough or hack when the lungs release it.....is not the same shit from your nose.

bingo

I end up swallowing it all the same, though :barf:

@augusttremulous sorry that happens to you and hope you feel better soon. I rode the bus to school in middle school and one of the gals had the same thing happen. She was missing on the morning bus for many days because she'd wake up sick to her stomach. Her mom thought she was pregnant since it would go away. Turns out she had bad allergies to something and it dripped down. I felt bad that she was stick but her telling the story of how her mom thought her 7th grade daughter was pregnant was funny :fly:

Last edited by a moderator:
@augusttremulous sorry that happens to you and hope you feel better soon. I rode the bus to school in middle school and one of the gals had the same thing happen. She was missing on the morning bus for many days because she'd wake up sick to her stomach. Her mom thought she was pregnant since it would go away. Turns out she had bad allergies to something and it dripped down. I felt bad that she was stick but her telling the story of how her mom thought her 7th grade daughter was pregnant was funny :fly:

:lol:

The worst was when I had my nose surgery; I ended up swallowing a ton of mucus AND blood, which my stomach was NOT having, and I ended up puking all over my nurse in recovery/observation. I aimed for the emesis basin, but I was still half high from the surgery and it splashed out and all down my side. She had to wipe me down. She was so nice about it, I was mortified, and it smelled like death (I've been told).

I'm guessing that girl was pretty embarrassed that her mom thought that, omg

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be that the same things in your body that is causing it to make tons of snot mucus is also causing your lungs/trachea area to create lots of mucus there, too. This would lead to increased sputum.

It seems like it's all the same snot, because it's all basically the same consistency, and it's all kind of mingling down in that area, but it has a different point of origin.

Does that sound about right?

I choke if I let it go and it gets into my wind pipe. but hey, I'm not interested in debating this. I know what happens to myself, i actually pay attention. I don't care one bit what a scientific study says when I can see if happening with my own eyes.

Plus with the fuckwit jimmy here i'm not discussing shit.

:lol:

The worst was when I had my nose surgery; I ended up swallowing a ton of mucus AND blood, which my stomach was NOT having, and I ended up puking all over my nurse in recovery/observation. I aimed for the emesis basin, but I was still half high from the surgery and it splashed out and all down my side. She had to wipe me down. She was so nice about it, I was mortified, and it smelled like death (I've been told).

I'm guessing that girl was pretty embarrassed that her mom thought that, omg

OMG I feel so bad for you with that. I had my son sick due to swallowing blood and that was bad. I can only imagine how you were. I hope some day you can laugh about it though. I'm sure they are so used to that kind of thing. Just like I am mortified to think about what happened during delivery but for them it's "normal" I guess.

The girl had a great way of saying the story about her mom thinking she was pregnant. It was along the lines of how the girl was too ignorant to know what sex was and did she have sex without knowing :lol: Not that my friends were having sex in middle school (that I know of) but she definitely was not one of them, but she said she knew what sex was. Her mom was nearly hysterical at the thought of her like 12 year old being pregnant but nothing the girl could say or do would convince her that wasn't it. Fortunately the doc straightened it all out in a few days and she was put on some allergy and stomach meds at least for a while. We all had a huge laugh hearing the story though.