You wake up with an erection, what is your regimen?

I'm the opposite. I've had so many antibiotics for legitimate reasons it's insane. Add to it a weakened immune system and I just know that I need to be careful. They don't work as well on me anymore either. Last time I had a UTI we wound up having to do a culture and after a week and a half they finally found something that would kill the infection. It's getting bad. I think whomever said doctors just want to get you in and out of their office is right. I don't think they think about stuff, most of them are like robots just spitting out answers by the book. I rarely have anyone who reads my history and thinks about it unless I beg them to.

I'm the opposite. I've had so many antibiotics for legitimate reasons it's insane. Add to it a weakened immune system and I just know that I need to be careful. They don't work as well on me anymore either. Last time I had a UTI we wound up having to do a culture and after a week and a half they finally found something that would kill the infection. It's getting bad. I think whomever said doctors just want to get you in and out of their office is right. I don't think they think about stuff, most of them are like robots just spitting out answers by the book. I rarely have anyone who reads my history and thinks about it unless I beg them to.

Not saying you are personally doing anything wrong, but the resistance you are talking about is exactly why I don't want them given for just "any reason" Dom's had strep 2x so he's been on antibiotics 2x. I hope to keep it that way for him as well (only taking when absolutely needed). I worry about people like you - as in what happens when they run out of drugs to try?

Finding a good doctor is hard. I have my OB/GYN I love and my dentist. Of course he'd give me stuff to make me happy without even having to ask much (obviously not antibiotics) but at least when my tooth cracked he said no antibiotics unless there was a true sign of infection. I know not all would do that. He's a classmate though and might be of similar mentality.

Not saying you are personally doing anything wrong, but the resistance you are talking about is exactly why I don't want them given for just "any reason" Dom's had strep 2x so he's been on antibiotics 2x. I hope to keep it that way for him as well (only taking when absolutely needed). I worry about people like you - as in what happens when they run out of drugs to try?

Finding a good doctor is hard. I have my OB/GYN I love and my dentist. Of course he'd give me stuff to make me happy without even having to ask much (obviously not antibiotics) but at least when my tooth cracked he said no antibiotics unless there was a true sign of infection. I know not all would do that. He's a classmate though and might be of similar mentality.

You are absolutely right. Not only do people develop antibiotic resistance, but germs do too. It's scary and I think a lot of doctors don't take any responsibility for the problems they are causing. It's disgusting.

You are absolutely right. Not only do people develop antibiotic resistance, but germs do too. It's scary and I think a lot of doctors don't take any responsibility for the problems they are causing. It's disgusting.

I think a lot of people don't take it seriously either. Wanting to over sanitize the world is bad too. So people want the antibiotics and anti-bacterials etc and don't realize the issues they may be causing for all.

I agree on this, however I believe most antibiotic resistance comes from them being used to bulk up our livestock. I seem to remember reading something about how resistant organisms decreased in European countries once they stopped using them on every animal in the food supply.