You sank my battleship :(

Desslock

Giant Member
Oct 14, 2004
MD
Marklar
₥0
When my wife and I went to Myrtle Beach in early October we took a day trip to Wilmington, NC to see the USS North Carolina.
This is a pic of the anti-aircraft guns.

Main guns.

This is the inside of one the smaller guns on the side of the ship. A very cramped space.

This is the bow of the ship. Note the big ass anchor.

This is a pic of a model of the ship. The model was about 8 ft long. I was trying to figure out how I could steal it. :drool:

Drool-Boy said:
Looks cool
Ive been on the Lexington, its beached in Corpus Christi
Its amazing how freakin huge those things are

I've been on the Wisconsin docked at Norfolk. They're huge but once you start going below deck and into the interior spaces you see how cramped it is just with a few people. Imagine what is was like with a ship's full complement.

Desslock said:
I've been on the Wisconsin docked at Norfolk. They're huge but once you start going below deck and into the interior spaces you see how cramped it is just with a few people. Imagine what is was like with a ship's full complement.
I got to go on a tour of the enterprise in Norfolk when I was younger.

I was on the USS Boxer for 2 years while in the Navy. I can tell you it SUCKS living on a ship.

3_ft_9 said:
I was on the USS Boxer for 2 years while in the Navy. I can tell you it SUCKS living on a ship.

After going below deck on the North Carolina I can sympathize a little. :(

I love stuff like that. We have the Midway here in San Diego now. I would really like to go see it in a couple of weeks. :D

ah man, I have to go back to the Lexington now. I'd text message all my friends "I'M POOPING ON A CARRIER!"