You Lie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's already apologized for the outburst and his opposition in his next election race got 40k in donations last night after this happened

Show the exact text in the policy that says it isn't.

lie.jpg

I thinks this is fucking funny because it's not a lie.

obama said:
there are also those who claim our reform efforts would insure illegal immigrants. this too is false.

Obama did lie. Based on the specific terminology the Left has used, they are not all barred from coverage.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/27/health.care.immigrants/

It boils down to terminology. Those living in the country illegally are classified as such under immigration law, but the bill uses tax law terms that identify foreigners as either resident or nonresident aliens.

Nonresident aliens would be exempt from the required coverage, but undocumented immigrants who live in the United States for a certain amount of time during the year would be classified as residents. "Thus, it would appear that unauthorized aliens who meet the substantial presence test would be required under HR 3200 to have health insurance,"[/B] the report says.

It was less clear, however, how the mandate would be enforced for people, immigrants or not, who do not file federal income taxes.

Another part of the bill would create a health insurance exchange, where consumers could choose among insurance plans or a government-run plan. That section of the bill does not set restrictions on participants' immigration status, the report says.

* Section 242 of the bill prohibits "undocumented aliens" from receiving health care, but does not prescribe a method for preventing illegal aliens from receiving health care. It goes without saying that illegal aliens will have no difficulty circumventing this rule and receiving taxpayer-funded health care under this act - just as they currently do.

*Amendments to the bill, that have been offered but REJECTED that would prevent illegal aliens from benefiting from the bill by requiring that any participant in the public plan created under the bill to prove they are not an illegal alien by demonstrating eligibility through the Income and Eligibility Verification System (IEVS) and the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) system. Where voted down by Democrats.

It would have ensured that American taxpayers will would not be forced to foot the bill to enroll illegal aliens in the government-run, taxpayer-subsidized public plan created under the health care bill!

there is NO verification. It's like leaving a bowl of candy out on halloween with a note saying 'Please only take one piece, and also, not for illegal aliens.'

did you miss this tidbit in your own post? aren't doctors obligated to help someone who shows up dying on the doorstep of the hospital? so you are proposing we throw someone out on the street who is bleeding to death because they don't have a green card? really?

Obama did lie. Based on the specific terminology the Left has used, they are not all barred from coverage.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/27/health.care.immigrants/

* Section 242 of the bill prohibits "undocumented aliens" from receiving health care, but does not prescribe a method for preventing illegal aliens from receiving health care. It goes without saying that illegal aliens will have no difficulty circumventing this rule and receiving taxpayer-funded health care under this act - just as they currently do.

did you miss this tidbit in your own post? aren't doctors obligated to help someone who shows up dying on the doorstep of the hospital? so you are proposing we throw someone out on the street who is bleeding to death because they don't have a green card? really?

this may be difficult for you to understand. The US is NOT a free medical clinic for the rest of the world.

this may be difficult for you to understand. The US is NOT a free medical clinic for the rest of the world.

:lol: this may be difficult for you to understand, are hospitals supposed to throw people out on the curb who are dying? I don't want to foot the bill any more than you do but that's socially irresponsible as well as psychotic...are we going to start throwing them in ovens too, to dispose of them? "I know you're not dead yet but my shift is up in 15 so be a good mexican and hop in the oven, ok?" :lol:

:lol: this may be difficult for you to understand, are hospitals supposed to throw people out on the curb who are dying? I don't want to foot the bill any more than you do but that's socially irresponsible as well as psychotic...are we going to start throwing them in ovens too, to dispose of them? "I know you're not dead yet but my shift is up in 15 so be a good mexican and hop in the oven, ok?" :lol:

Hyperbole as usual. Lets take a relatively simple statement and COMPARE IT TO NAZIS and then I will win at internets.

How many undocumented aliens show up to the hospital dying though? That seems like a remote occurence. I don't have a problem with those particular ones and I don't mind helping them. I have a problem with the tens of thousands of illegal immigrants who show up at Parkland Hospital's emergency room here in Dallas and use it as their primary care physician, causing residents like me to pay tens of millions of dollars a year in subsidy taxes. Money I could be using to care for my own child and my own family. But instead I'm giving it away.

I do have a choice though. Instead of remaining in the city where my job is, I could express my dissatisfaction with the system by moving to a rural community and taking a job in a different field that pays me 15% of my current salary. That'll show 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.