You know you're a geek when...

Does anyone else miss '97? The days of guilt-free napster and when Winamp was at the top of the computer audio player game. Minus the shitty OS that were around at the time I miss those days. :(

djduquet said:
Does anyone else miss '97? The days of guilt-free napster and when Winamp was at the top of the computer audio player game. Minus the shitty OS that were around at the time I miss those days. :(

fucking win95/98 tried to make you reboot if you even looked at the network settings :fly:

and nt4 was too big a pain in the ass to use for a desktop imo

why_ask_why said:
fucking win98 tried to make you reboot if you even looked at the network settings :fly:
Windows 98 made you reboot if you looked at the computer funny. For the longest time I thought the BSOD was my new online pen pal.

edit:

better than ME

AM I RITE? LOL

djduquet said:
Windows 98 made you reboot if you looked at the computer funny. For the longest time I thought the BSOD was my new online pen pal.

edit:

better than ME

AM I RITE? LOL

see edits :)

why_ask_why said:
I've never had vlc crash ever and it does play anything you throw at it
the best was when I was playing an ISO of From The Earth to the Moon and paused it in the middle of an episode...left it paused for three days, played other stuff in WMP, played some battlefield, even had explorer crash and restart two or three times.

when I unpaused it there was no skipping, no lag...it just played. I was mighty impressed

when explorer crashes on XP I get a little worried. That doesn't really happen anymore. I blame it on hardware.

why_ask_why said:
I just don't see how...it even plays incomplete files :confused:

what v are you running? I'm on 0.8.4a

0.8.4a. It would play the vid about half way and crash. Did it twice.

Desslock said:
Nothing else was running and I rarely have problems with that pc.

*shrug* dunno what to tell ya then dude...I have nothing but rave reviews for it in terms of playability

why_ask_why said:
*shrug* dunno what to tell ya then dude...I have nothing but rave reviews for it in terms of playability
The funny thing is it played the video all the way through once before. I haven't tried again. Other than that VLC has been great.