You know you're a geek when...

D

djduquet

So I just went to my forum, which I don’t frequently browse to, and found a new member much to my surprise! It makes me giggly. Things like that make my day totally. So what little things make you happy?

The site is www.djduquet.com for reference. The current layout I really like and owe to the ideas I’ve gotten from this place. Best viewed in FF.

Do any of you have websites? Let’s see ‘em.

most little things make me happy. i get great pleasure out of very simple things. you will never see anyone more excited than i when fireworks happen. :D

i do not get excited over geek stuff. ;)

Thorn Bird said:
most little things make me happy. i get great pleasure out of very simple things. you will never see anyone more excited than i when fireworks happen. :D

i do not get excited over geek stuff. ;)
Did you ever build complex cities in the sandbox, then wire fireworks together and blow 'em all up at once? Bottle rockets + extra burny string (I don't know the name) + a few hours of play = best .5 seconds EVAR.

djduquet said:
Did you ever build complex cities in the sandbox, then wire fireworks together and blow 'em all up at once? Bottle rockets + extra burny string (I don't know the name) + a few hours of play = best .5 seconds EVAR.

those are fireCRACKERS. i'm talking about fireWORKS. the big purdy ones in the night sky that leave me breathless. not the piddly fun ones that leave you eyeless. those are fun before or after the motherload.

Thorn Bird said:
those are fireCRACKERS. i'm talking about fireWORKS. the big purdy ones in the night sky that leave me breathless. not the piddly fun ones that leave you eyeless. those are fun before or after the motherload.
I bet you could beat me up. Then again, that's not saying much.

djduquet said:
I bet you could beat me up. Then again, that's not saying much.

i can beat anyone up. that's not saying much, either. i guess we're even, and you're bloody on the floor. and flat as a pancake. :D

I networked a bunch of spare computers together just to practice running my own personal interwebnets (I used BSD).

Username is how my parents always said I was going to die. Lit my basement on fire at the tender age of 5 and made my first IED at 8. Also have a fascination with guns, photography equipment and other precision machines.

I am not a geek though. I played HS sports! :(

FlamingGlory said:
made my first IED at 8.
This actually made me laugh hard enough so as to ensure I woke up half the hall. Creepy. If I ever meet you, I'm going to hide behind someone or something else.

hold me...

little things that make me happy:

catching every green light on the way to work
watching a five year old pretend to be an airplane
waking up with a kitty curled up on my head
sarah bringing me coffee when I'm having a shitty day

http://c895worldwide.com/

My code / content / graphics sans some of the clipart-like graphics which were done by my assistant.

One of the things I'm most proud of is the live playlist, which shows you which song is playing on the radio live. AND if you go to THIS page to set a special cookie on your machine,
http://c895worldwide.com/web/default.asp?classytitles=true
and then re-load the homepage at
http://c895worldwide.com/
you'll see the brand new AJAX live title progress bar. That's right... a progress bar displaying the time remaining on the song that's playing live on the radio. After the song finishes, the live title updates itself and it starts over.
*glee*

FlamingGlory said:
I networked a bunch of spare computers together just to practice running my own personal interwebnets (I used BSD).

Username is how my parents always said I was going to die. Lit my basement on fire at the tender age of 5 and made my first IED at 8. Also have a fascination with guns, photography equipment and other precision machines.

I am not a geek though. I played HS sports! :(

I was at the top of the team in varsity swimming for all 4 years of HS and was the captain my senior year...I still to this day have a record there...I made NCAA nationals my sophomore year of college too...that does not exclude you from being a geek...nice try though

fake edit: b7 for djducket for trying to steal members to his crappy forum :fly:

i dont know what i classify as..

i like waking up next to a beautiful women (waiting for someone to quote that and change it to man)
i like watching my neices and nephews play together and realize i came over and run and give me a hug

i like when traffic splits just the right way
i like when someone waves after you let them merge in front of you
i like when someone says please and thank you and means it
i like when someone lets me in front of them at the grocery store because i have 2 things and they have 4billion

Thorn Bird said:

If you ever go to Disney World. Go during the first week of December.

Check out Illuminations at Epcot. When the standard fireworks are over and people start leaving, stay. I guarantee you the best fireworks display you have ever laid eyes on will happen.

Coqui said:
If you ever go to Disney World. Go during the first week of December.

Check out Illuminations at Epcot. When the standard fireworks are over and people start leaving, stay. I guarantee you the best fireworks display you have ever laid eyes on will happen.

that's AWESOME to know!!! thanks :heart:

Thorn Bird said:
that's AWESOME to know!!! thanks :heart:

Now mind you, this only comes about during the Christmas Holiday. Beautiful rendition of, "Let There Be Peace on Earth"

You can tan by the amount of light that comes from the finale :p

Coqui said:
Now mind you, this only comes about during the Christmas Holiday. Beautiful rendition of, "Let There Be Peace on Earth"

You can tan by the amount of light that comes from the finale :p

now you're just teasing me. sigh.