You know what really grinds my gears?

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,113
What are your pet hates, the things that are little but make you want to actually lose your temper and get out an AK and shoot down the entire place you're in?

Aside from stupid drama threads here's what actually annoys me:

Obnoxious chav (read American: white trash gangsta) dicks on buses who think it's perfectly okay to play stupid hippity hoppity music from their invariably shit phones through a tiny shit speaker and subject every single person on the bus to that. I was sat next to a teenage chavling yesterday who was playing something that literally had one shitty slow beat. Why is it these people can't find good music? It's either too slow to be drum and bass or far too simple and crap to be real hiphop. And somehow they think we all want to listen to it. Anyway I was about to lose it on the bus yesterday and luckily just at that moment the dweeb got off the bus. But for the future I'm going to buy something (anything, a keychain, a teddy, a fashionable accessory) that will play the song 'I know a song that will get on your nerves' so that I can see if they enjoy listening to my music. Cocks.

I suppose phones that play music would actually be the main problem, there's no need for it, it never sounds good and nobody ever has anything decent on their phones.

Lateness really annoys me, I don't really think there's any excuse to be late to anything unless someone's died. And the death has to be unexpected, otherwise you knew anyway and shouldn't have been late. Some of my friends arrive at least 2 hours late to anything, which I've come not to mind, but it is a little inpolite when I say I'm making dinner for 7 and they arrive at 10. But that's something I've adjusted to. I myself am never late to anything, I just can't stand it.

Anyway, what grinds your gears?

I don't like to see things in people that I don't already like in myself.

edit: gosh you're getting old :lol:

Last edited:
My pet peeve is someone's poor planning ending up in my lap as an emergency. I specifically plan stuff like this out to prevent this. God forbid someone else do that too.

My pet peeve is someone's poor planning ending up in my lap as an emergency. I specifically plan stuff like this out to prevent this. God forbid someone else do that too.

I hate stuff like this. I do my job as thoroughly as possible and have to double check people are doing theirs properly, which they never are. I got to bitch someone out today though. We transfer patients to another centre which isn't anything to do with us and because I'm such a sweetheart I keep helping them out and taking on extra work, but I've cracked and someone phoned today and I just said "It's your patient now, deal with him, he's not my problem, he's yours"

The guy got pretty pissy after that.

Lately it has been bigots and ignorant people, but on the positive side it gives me a chance to teach them and educate them, making me feel like I have accomplished something.

Stupid people that can't speak their primary language.

People that chew food very loudly and with their mouths open. It makes me want to just slap the taste out of their mouths.

People shopping that stand in the little of the aisles oblivious of everyone else in a fucking daze. Move you fucking sheep!!!

Stupid people that can't speak their primary language.

People that chew food very loudly and with their mouths open. It makes me want to just slap the taste out of their mouths.

People shopping that stand in the little of the aisles oblivious of everyone else in a fucking daze. Move you fucking sheep!!!

I'll add these 3 to my list. If anyone eats with their mouth open, even if it's a stranger then I say something to them. It really offends my English sensibilities. And people who just stop in the middle of the street to look in shop windows, or fat people who waddle really slowly round the city.

"Lemme ax yous a question"

If you want to ax, I'll grab a hatchet. The word is "ask" you assbag.

My favourite one of those is:

"What's the pacific thing you need?" I dunno if people in the US do this but in England stupid people say pacfiic, not specific. And they think it's cute that they can't form simple words like this. I hate it when people say k instead of t as well, 'hospikal' 'bokkle'

*shivers*

My favourite one of those is:

"What's the pacific thing you need?" I dunno if people in the US do this but in England stupid people say pacfiic, not specific. And they think it's cute that they can't form simple words like this. I hate it when people say k instead of t as well, 'hospikal' 'bokkle'

*shivers*

We have our own special set of mispronunciations here.

Stupid people.
I mean, I realize its not really their fault theyre stupid, but goddamn, if it takes someone more than 10 seconds to decide which gallon of milk they should buy, I should be legally allowed to zap them with a fucking cattle prod.

I love my bad teeth. They add character.

Another thing I hate is really lazy people who lie about their intentions to make them sound honourable, but really are just covering up the fact that they're lazy a-holes. Like hippies who hate the system but then leach money from it at the same time.

Stupid people.
I mean, I realize its not really their fault theyre stupid, but goddamn, if it takes someone more than 10 seconds to decide which gallon of milk they should buy, I should be legally allowed to zap them with a fucking cattle prod.

:lol: I take a while to decide between products in a supermarket, mainly because I have to consider the air miles, how the animal involved was treated etc. These considerations take time.

I wouldn't say I hate ignorant meat eaters, but I would like to force all meat eaters to see films of how animals are treated, not to make them veggie but just to make them think about what they consume.