You better watch yourselves.

You posted the link to the wikipedia article, if you had actually read it it says EXACTLY who made the last remarks, who made the account, who initiated it etc. Read/post etc.

the last message sent by the Evans account read

Does not say who said it specifically.

later admitted creating the MySpace account with her daughter and Ashley Grills, Lori Drew's 18 year old employee

So three possible people could have said it.

The only thing the article said definitely was the mom initiating the contact to find out what Megan said about her daughter.

You posted the link to the wikipedia article, if you had actually read it it says EXACTLY who made the last remarks, who made the account, who initiated it etc. Read/post etc.

The point isnt that an adult is interacting with a child, it's the manner in which it's being carried out. By your standard, sexual harassment is ok, though I dont agree with the term generally, it is valid. You know it's just people talking. Racial harassment as well.

It shouldnt be a surprise that vanilla criminal harassment (including stalking) is a crime (not a civil wrong) in all 50 states. The DoJ publishes statistics: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/svus.pdf

Medium shouldnt make a difference. The standards are stringent. This law is bad, the concept isnt. No sane person goes to those lengths for minor social incidents.

By my standard sexual harrasment is not ok. My issue with sexual harrassment is that you can be filed for it simply asking someone out on a date. This includes the very first time you did it. The problem with that law now is that the person may very well be unaware that they are sexually harrassing someone because of it. I'm all for filing the suit once it's been known they are not accepting of said advances (i.e. asking out on a date). Or once they made known they don't appreciate compliments (even saying your hair looks nice can bring about a sexual harrassment suit)

Going back to this situation, the kid returned communication just as verbally abusive. It says so in the article that the mom berated her for her language.

Stalking is without a person's consent. Myspace is a two way communication when emails are being exchanged. Apples to oranges.