You are hosting a dinner party...

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
If you could host a dinner party and invite any four people, either living or dead, whom would you invite and what would the five of you discuss together?

I have to write an essay on this topic for admission into a graduate program and I'm curious what you guys think. Serious responses appreciated, humorous responses expected and accepted :p

When in doubt, write something heartfelt and sentimental. Entrance boards love that sort of tragic stuff.

one of your choices should be either a deceased parent or grandparent for some tear-jerking reason.

one choice should be surprising or obscure

one choice should be a religious figure (Jesus, Buddha etc.)

one should be pop-culture icon (even if for non-entertainment reasons... e.g. Einstein)

Robert Jordan so he can tell me the end of The Wheel of Time series and so I can slap him for stretching it out so long.

Philip K Dick because he had some great ideas on life, reality, etc.

Jim Morrison because he'd have some great stories.

Neil Gaimen because he has such great concepts in his writing.

Last edited:
actually

forget patton, give me jefferson instead. everything I need to know about patton can be deduced from studying his tactics

edit: maybe marley can go too in place of john adams or maybe hamilton...

Last edited:
one of your choices should be either a deceased parent or grandparent for some tear-jerking reason.

one choice should be surprising or obscure

one choice should be a religious figure (Jesus, Buddha etc.)

one should be pop-culture icon (even if for non-entertainment reasons... e.g. Einstein)

good advice, and i'm not saying that just cause we're in this cool club now. in regards to college: "Tell em what they wanna hear."

yknow why I wouldn't want jesus coming to my dinner party? he'd probably be late. bastard's always getting lost and making people constantly try to find him :rolleyes:

well it would be nice to know if mary magdellan was next to him in The Last Supper, and were they "an item" and did they have offspring.

or if he was just into bangin hookers.

yknow why I wouldn't want jesus coming to my dinner party? he'd probably be late. bastard's always getting lost and making people constantly try to find him :rolleyes:

Yeah but at least you know he'd bring the wine :o