You are going to help me write a letter

I really didn't like the sound of that paragraph, I dunno if this is any better. Sorry I cant add meat, as the topic is beyond me.

Without debating the questionable terminology and tone of the quoted material, the simple technical statement that the 5.7x28mm cartridge can penetrate 48 layers of Kevlar is very misleading. Only one type of this ammunition can penetrate to that degree. Classified specifically by the BATFE as armor piercing, that ammunition is the SS190. Consequently it can only be sold to law enforcement and military agencies. Therefore, the ammunition is only released and shipped from U.S. Customs controlled and bonded warehouses upon BATFE and U.S. Customs approval.

The last sentence quoted above cannot be as easily overlooked as a technical oversight though.

(Again indented)>Of the 616 police officers killed in the line of duty nationwide between 1994 and 2003, 425 were killed with this handgun.

ceiling fly said:
The second paragraph is a quote, it should either be in quotes or possibly have the entire section indented. That may be what you did and the forum didn't display it properly, I dunno.
Er ya. I cant figure out how to make the forum print it right.

22nd-of-July1.jpg

22nd-of-July2.jpg

22nd-of-July3.jpg

make date simple -- July 22, 2006

D.A. Richard A. Brown
District Attorney
Queens County
125-01 Queens Boulevard
Kew Gardens, New York 11415-1568

This letter is in response to your recentpress release on Thurs., July 20 titled “D.A. Brown: Two Far Rockway Brothers and Friend Charged with Illegal Possession of ‘Cop Killer’ Gun and Cocaine.
The press release states:

you need to further indent both sides of the direct quote, so take about an inch off both sides.The District Attorney said that the Fabrique Nationale (FN) 5.7 handgun is often referred to as a “cop killer” because it has a high-capacity 20-round magazine, the ability to shoot 50 to 100 yards with great accuracy and its 5.7 x 28 bullet can perforate 48 layers of Kevlar. Of the 616 police officers killed in the line of duty nationwide between 1994 and 2003, 425 were killed with this handgun.finish strong indentation

Without debating the questionable terminology and tone of the quoted material, the take out simpletechnical statement that the 5.7x28mm cartridge "can" use double quotespenetrate 48 layers of Kevlar take out while true...this is implied in the fact that you say it's misleading. if it were false, you would say false.is very misleading. Only one type of this ammunition, the SS190 cartridge,can penetrate to that degree. TheSS190 is classified by the BATFEyou need to define this term when introducing as ‘armor piercing." Consequently, it can only be sold to law enforcement and military agencies. The ammunition is only released and shipped from U.S. Customs' controlled, bondedwarehouses upon approval from both the BATFE and U.S. Customs.

The more widely available types of 5.7x28mm (SS195LF, SS916, SS197) fare only as well as normal sporting ammunition against body armor.is this sentence important enough to be the sole occupant of a new, one-sentence paragraph? if not, put it elsewhere, add to it, or delete it.

put this sentence right after the last sentence quoted, and say "the latter quote"The last sentence quoted cannot be as easily overlooked as a technical oversight, though.

Of the 616 police officers killed in the line of duty nationwide between 1994 and 2003, 425 were killed with state again the specific handgun you're referencing.

According to the FBI, while 616 officers were feloniously killed in the line of duty between 1994 and 2003, 425 of them were killed with a handgun of any type. Your statement that 425 have been killed by the Five-seveN model handgun in that time period isnot only improbable but contradictory to published evidence which statesthat 129 of those 425 officers were killed by 9mm handguns. Aside from the statistics, the Five-seveN did not even exist until 1998no comma and was not available take out widely in the U.S. until 2001, which makes the claims in the press release even less credible.

While do not use we -- you do not have authority to speak for anyone other than yourself. fully support the efforts of the D.A. to prosecute criminals, take out "but"spreading this or any type of misinformation through human error or design is contrary to the established principles of the office. The press release has already been printed ina number of New York dailies such as the Times Ledger, Newsday, Staten Island Advance and picked up by the AP. I recognize that a complete retraction is impossible but respectfully request the office to check facts in further public announcements.

Sincerely,
A New Yorker

----
1 http://www.queensda.org/Press Rele...07-20-2006.pdf

2 Two other rounds are classified as armor piercing but while being even more rare are specialty. The SS191 tracer and SS193 subsonic cartridges. See http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/tw_57x28mm.htm

3 18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(17)(b)

4 18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(8)

5 http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/tw_57x28mm.htm

6 Federal Bureau of Investigation, Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted 2003 23, table 24 (2004), http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/killedleoka03.pdf

7 Your statement can also be read to say they were killed by the specific gun you recovered.

8 Id. 28, table 30

look carefully for my corrections...i didn't think about the facct that green would be hard to see in night mode.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

itburnswhenipee said:
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
lol, if that was the case I would've went with:

Dear Commie Bastards,

You really fucked up this time. Apparently you are even too stupid to read FBI reports correctly.

Get bent,
A NYer

Galen said:
Shouldn't have wasted your time writing that, should have just sent Goatse instead.
I'm bored, you can only work out so much before muscle failure. :/

FlamingGlory said:
I'm bored, you can only work out so much before muscle failure. :/
and I can only watch so much Jerry Springer and Judge Mathis.

I even reverted to reading a textbook dammit. Roll on September.

itburnswhenipee said:
Hey, Galen's back. How's Canuckistan treating you?
Alright, thank you for asking. Could do with less insects at every fucking turn like, but other than that it's dead on.

The people generally have good manners and are talkative. It's a little too English, but nothing worth complaining about.

How's things with you, Iceman?

OMG the Five Seven is an absolutely worthless gun in counter strike, bwhahahhaha

I call it my pea shooter in gun games, I always have to knife past it :-(

Galen said:
Alright, thank you for asking. Could do with less insects at every fucking turn like, but other than that it's dead on.

The people generally have good manners and are talkative. It's a little too English, but nothing worth complaining about.

How's things with you, Iceman?

Oh, same old, same old. But Iceman? Where'd that come from?

Galen said:
and I can only watch so much Jerry Springer and Judge Mathis.

I even reverted to reading a textbook dammit. Roll on September.
As usual I cannot understand what you are trying to say. Damn Irish. :p

Spray DEET on your clothes before going outside. It doesnt kill bugs, but they wont bite.

FlamingGlory said:
As usual I cannot understand what you are trying to say. Damn Irish. :p

Spray DEET on your clothes before going outside. It doesnt kill bugs, but they wont bite.
I'll have to try that. I was thinking about getting one of those bug zappers, because I have no idea how flys or mosquitoes manage to get in here, and by christ they are infuriating.

Oh aye, and do you know if I can pick up Sky TV here? I've had enough with talkshows, small claims court and 1800-LAWSUIT! Time to get back to plain old, boring TV without the WWF voiceovers.