You are going to help me write a letter

Galen said:
I'll have to try that. I was thinking about getting one of those bug zappers, because I have no idea how flys or mosquitoes manage to get in here, and by christ they are infuriating.

Oh aye, and do you know if I can pick up Sky TV here? I've had enough with talkshows, small claims court and 1800-LAWSUIT! Time to get back to plain old, boring TV without the WWF voiceovers.
Bug zappers are mostly for outside use, because they attract A LOT of bugs. Indoors I've found fly stickers work best. Put them in front of the windows the sun hits as it's coming up. Bugs fly toward the rising sun and become trapped in pine tar. Also don't leave inside lights on at night, it just attracts more bugs.

Sky isnt available to my knowledge. The N.A. equivalent is cable (which is unavailable where you are) or sattelite. Other than that you're stuck with commercial broadcast. All these services will have adverts every 7-10 minutes!!!

FlamingGlory said:
Bug zappers are mostly for outside use, because they attract A LOT of bugs. Indoors I've found fly stickers work best. Put them in front of the windows the sun hits as it's coming up. Bugs fly toward the rising sun and become trapped in pine tar. Also don't leave inside lights on at night, it just attracts more bugs.

Sky isnt available to my knowledge. The N.A. equivalent is cable (which is unavailable where you are) or sattelite. Other than that you're stuck with commercial broadcast. All these services will have adverts every 7-10 minutes!!!
I'll see if I can get some fly stickers then, because I didn't particularly want a bug zapper indoors either. Fly swatter and bug spray just isn't cutting it though.

Aye, we have Starchoice sattelite's Ultimate Package, which gives you all the channels on the service, but most of them are just the same channel in different time zones. The rest are movies or sport, which I guess is what most people get Sat for, but I'm not a big movie person, or baseball for that matter. There's also 9 news channels, none of which are especially good (BBC World Choice is about the best, and it's nothing compared to Sky News or BBC News 24)

In the UK, you could get systems which picked up and then decoded NA Sattelite channels. The dish was remote control, you just found the coordinates for a particular sat. online and then turned the dish in that direction.

I believe we have one of the best Sattelite packages available here, but only if your focus is entertainment, which is all well and good until you want something that's informative, and some pundit screaming his opinion at other people just isn't my type of news.

Last edited: