Hawt You a Lark or Owl?

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,323
Steam
mattressfish
So this article on sleep patterns contains a simple 8 question test to determine which you are. What did you get?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/18/so-you-think-you-can-be-a-morning-person/

I got a 16. I can't stay up too late, and can't sleep late. I can't remember the last time I slept past 9am, or even 8:30. However, I'm NOT at all a morning person. As in, keep the lights off and don't talk to me. Poor Ape. :(

15-22
You have no particular sleeping tendency. On the whole you're likely to be happy getting up between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. and dropping off to sleep between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. You're likely to be most alert in the morning and early evening and have a period of low alertness in the afternoon.

9 or lower

You're an extreme owl. True Owls love to sleep late into the morning and have no trouble staying up late into the night. They're most alert a few hours later than other people.
Bear in mind I'm an insomniac. If I go to bed I'm likely to jerk awake 3-4 hours later for no apparent reason.

You love the night life, you love to boogie. On the disco round, yeah. And staying up late and sleeping late into the morning. But you can also be flexible and adapt when your sleep pattern is disrupted.

15-22

You have no particular sleeping tendency. On the whole you're likely to be happy getting up between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. and dropping off to sleep between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. You're likely to be most alert in the morning and early evening and have a period of low alertness in the afternoon.

Which is bullshit.

15-22

Which is bullshit.

Agreed, this contradicts one of the first questions. I am not alert at all in the morning unless I'm being forced into physical activity. I'd rather stay up way past midnight and slowly wake up on my own but alarm clocks fuck me over. I try to use sleep cycles to time my wakeup but it's not always successful.

Agreed, this contradicts one of the first questions. I am not alert at all in the morning unless I'm being forced into physical activity. I'd rather stay up way past midnight and slowly wake up on my own but alarm clocks fuck me over. I try to use sleep cycles to time my wakeup but it's not always successful.

Yup, exactly what I put. What a stupid test. I get more alert as the day goes on, and am most alert late at night.

9 or lower

You're an extreme owl. True Owls love to sleep late into the morning and have no trouble staying up late into the night. They're most alert a few hours later than other people.

I have to take sleep meds and alarms to take them at set times and to go to bed to try to force me out of being such a night owl.

9 or lower

I have to take sleep meds and alarms to take them at set times and to go to bed to try to force me out of being such a night owl.
These tards will just say apnea :rolleyes: