inphosys

Flaccid Member
Aug 14, 2006
Savannah, GA
www.myspace.com
Marklar
₥0
What_The_Fuck_Were_You_Thinking.jpg

Is paying $25,000.00 to mummify your dead pet a little much??

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=58476086-0ece-48ce-b592-24834577daf5&f=imbot_us_m_2534&fg=rss
Excuse the intro advertisement, it's an MSN video. :rolleyes:

I was listening to a bit of This American Life last Sunday. It was about some gay guy and his life in Paris, which is sorta contrary to the title of the program... but that's not important.

The important bit is that during the program they end up going into some ancient taxidermist shop in Paris. The place was full of exotic animals like you'd expect, but it was also full of mundane animals like dogs and cats and such. Apparently a lot of people go to have their dead pets stuffed and then find themselves unable or unwilling to pick it up again.

The show also said that the majority of the shop's business was rentals. Like, if you were holding a fancy garden party and your wanted to have a stuffed mountain gorilla next to your ice sculpture of George Washington crossing the delaware in a zodiac driven by a tiny stegosaur you could just rent one instead of having to buy one. The gorilla, I mean. The sculpture you're on your own for.

I once had a neighbor that had a gaggle (yes, gaggle) of cocker spaniels that barked all the goddamn time and were always getting under the fence and into my yard. If I had known of this process, I would have captured them all, had them mummified, then placed them back in her yard. The lady was batshit crazy so she would probably never notice, and I would have had some peace and fucking quiet. Ill keep this process in mind for the next time a neighbors dog or kid annoys me persistantly.

itburnswhenipee said:
Yeah, 'cept it would be stuffed with mushrooms and veggies and exotic herbs and spices instead of wood and sawdust and picture wire.

You cook 'em how you want, I'll cook em how I want