Yesterday

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
I get to work yesterday morning and I notice it seems a little dark in the office. After having a little chat with the room owner next store I decided to unlock the office and head on in. First light switch doesnt work, second one doesnt work... FUCK we dont have poooowaa. I figured one of the secretaries over at the corporate office messed up and didnt pay the electric bill. So I give her a ring and tell her whats up, first thing she says is that all billing was paid last week.

Turns out the power company screwed up and mixed our bills up with someone else(we have 6 bills) which made this office look like it was disconnect time. Although we had all 6 bills paid they were showing that this office was another company and shut us off. They apologized for there mistake and told us they would expedite it. So at this point its 11am and still no power, 10 employees sitting around in the dark making 10 bucks an hour. I send them all home around 11:30 and tell them to check back in every 30(so were not just running up payroll).

Finally around 2:30 I get sick of sitting in the dark and leave, power company now saying they will be out when they can. One of my employees lives across the street and said they didnt even end up coming out until late into the night.

We were on our way to having our best week ever. Broke over 75 deals by Wednesday and if it wasnt for yesterday I would have hit a HUGE bonus this week.

I figured because of there screw up and not getting the power back on they cost my room a minimum of $2,000 gross yesterday. Should I go after them for the time lost? Should they be at least covering there own screw up or do they not have that obligation? It was 100% there fault and they openly admitted to that

What are your thoughts? Should I go after them for money lost?

lawyer on retainer? obviously it's .. what? risk/reward? what might you have to pay to get back how much? maybe not the correct term.

don't you "sell" power tho?

yeah, I heard that joke about 10 times yesterday :mad: We sell in "deregulated" markets :D

I just cant believe they shut us off by mistake and then never came out to fix there own fucking mistake.

Shit, everyone makes mistakes BUT fix it... sure jumped on the chance to shut us off, why does it take so long to turn it back on?

ican'thelpit THEIR THEIR THEIR!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i feel better now. do you have a lawyer that represents your company? talk to her. do you know any lawyers? talk to them.

ican'thelpit THEIR THEIR THEIR!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i feel better now. do you have a lawyer that represents your company? talk to her. do you know any lawyers? talk to them.

Yeah, we gotz plenty of them there law boys... I think they are covering some of the expenses already from what the other owner told me. He called back and gave them hell, they are crediting the account but I am not sure what he agreed with... more than likely we just wont have an electric bill for awhile

Yeah, we gotz plenty of them there law boys... I think they are covering some of the expenses already from what the other owner told me. He called back and gave them hell, they are crediting the account but I am not sure what he agreed with... more than likely we just wont have an electric bill for awhile

well at least the company is getting something back. it might be the best you get.

it's a conspiracy. corporate saw they were going to have to shell out big bonuses so they had the power shut off.

I have a collection of hazmat suits for this occasion.

1479bba9f99e14.jpg

It's probably in their fine print that you can f-off. If you sell power and are their competitors in any area in any shape or form then you can claim it was corperate sabatoge and sue for big monies.