Yeah, so there was a Carrera GT parked outside my office (pic)

They've made a lot of strides in the past several years. They used to have a lot of recalls due to faulty brakes (minor detail, right?) but they've since cleared that up. Their 9-3 sports sedan and convertible are pretty popular, and most people are very happy with them per all of the reviews and consumer reports articles I've read.

itburnswhenipee said:
I may be misinformed, but I was always under the impression that Saabs were overpriced and unreliable. Is this not the case?

it is the case. not as good quality as a mercedes or BMW. though, I hate to say it, they are up to the quality of of the new Ford Volvos.
sad2.gif
. (please add smillie :cry: )

Last edited:
Saabs are also nowhere near as over-engineered as Mercedes or BMW. I don't know if you've ever tried to work on either, but Germans really know how to piss off mechanics. The new Saabs have no real issues. They're just as good as any other car out there.

Just for the record, Mercedes Benz are a piece of shit nowadays. Would I fuck spend the money on a cheap, tacky and generally badly built car.

Saab however have always been a good car, and by far the best looking out of Audi/BMW/Volvo etc.

Galen said:
Just for the record, Mercedes Benz are a piece of shit nowadays. Would I fuck spend the money on a cheap, tacky and generally badly built car.

Saab however have always been a good car, and by far the best looking out of Audi/BMW/Volvo etc.
LOL Chrysler

The problem with Saab is that they don't sell. And now that GM owns them, if the next round of new models don't sell well, including the 9-3 Sportcombi, it's very plausible the brand won't be around much longer. Much to the chagrin of the Swedes of course, a great deal of whom work in the automotive industry.

Sarcasmo said:
The problem with Saab is that they don't sell. And now that GM owns them, if the next round of new models don't sell well, including the 9-3 Sportcombi, it's very plausible the brand won't be around much longer. Much to the chagrin of the Swedes of course, a great deal of whom work in the automotive industry.

Huh... I'd been led to believe that most Swedes were farmers. Damn you Garrison Keillor. Damn you and your lies and your weekend variety show on NPR and your folk music and your wistful monologues and your powdered milk biscuits and your news from Lake Wobegone and your Guy Noir sketches and your Olie and Lena jokes and your mild manners and your wacky sound effects and your lutheran sensibilities and your wire rim spectacles.

keillpic.jpg

Someone drove a yellow Elise to my work one day. It was pretty nice looking and I was impressed since I'd never seen one on the road before that. I want a Lamborghini of some fashion. I've never really decided which one, but next time I get a quarter million I'll go to the dealership and test drive em and then decide.