Tampa Yeah, I'm never going "back to school"

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272

Hour long video, obviously I don't expect you all to watch it. I've been listening to it in small pieces over the course of the day. Basically it just goes over how higher education is a ginormous scam.

Keep points being:

- Books that "expire" every year and can't be resold.
- Massive student loans (apparently they now eclipse credit card debt for the country)
- Brain washing from a young age the idea that you will fail in life if you don't go to college.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
there are inefficient and ineffective aspects but it's not a scam as a whole

the problem is that there are multitudes fucking english and liberal arts majors graduating while math, science and engineering are rapidly falling

some of the points you mentioned are very real, though. skilled labor is also disappearing yet people look down on that as if somehow a wymen's history major is a greater contribution to society than a plumber

Last edited by a moderator:
t
the problem is that there are multitudes fucking english and liberal arts majors graduating while math, science and engineering are rapidly falling

The question is why? The same thing is happening here. Maybe it's because we are increasing the proportion of people staying in education so the easier subjects are accounting for a higher percentage of students. Either that or younger people aren't seeing an attraction towards those sort of careers.

Whatever they gotta do. Also make engineering less about measurements of quantities and forces and more about measurements of girls. Boom, instead popularity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZtX32sKVE

Hour long video, obviously I don't expect you all to watch it. I've been listening to it in small pieces over the course of the day. Basically it just goes over how higher education is a ginormous scam.

Keep points being:

- Books that "expire" every year and can't be resold.
- Massive student loans (apparently they now eclipse credit card debt for the country)
- Brain washing from a young age the idea that you will fail in life if you don't go to college.

Thoughts?
I believe it. I feel scammed after going through school. I've bitched and bitched about this on here in the past. :lol:

Blah, towards the end of the video they start ranting (at length) about how buying silver is the only way to survey the coming apocalypse.

First off, I have guns for that.

Second, I wanted to hear about how college graduates are idiots, not that an ear of corn will cost a billion dollars in.......DUN DUN DUN....2012!

the doc has some good information but the hyperbole is sickening

mention students buying cars with their loans, show a fucking gallardo?

and they keep referring to NIA estimates. just say "our" estimates, dick.

Yeah, the fact they felt it necessary to use the "NIA" name in every reference was a bit annoying.

And if you ain't rollin' a Lambo sittin' on twankies times 6 you ain't ballin', son.

Student loans are crazy like that tho, well not Gallardo status, but I have probably five grand in my savings from the leftover from the financial payments. I put it in a high interest savings to try and combat the cost, hahahah isn't that funny.

Student loans are crazy like that tho, well not Gallardo status, but I have probably five grand in my savings from the leftover from the financial payments. I put it in a high interest savings to try and combat the cost, hahahah isn't that funny.

$5k??!?!?! in a fund??!?!! Bitch, you should be buying up silver all crazy like!