Tampa Yeah, I'm never going "back to school"

A prof told me my senior year all the lab equipment is payed for by the students who didn't make it past thier freshman year. If everyone made it they'd need a much larger lab with crappier equipment to accommodate everyone.

This is horseshit. May be you guys have a point that there isn't enough trade school and not enough directed learning in higher education, but I don't think I want to hire a psychologist (your example) with no degree. The degree is the certainty that they have learned something. What you consider soft studies have a place in academia, whether you agree with it or not.

Were the freshmen at that campus considered fresh meat and fresh cash because of their declared majors? Hmm.

Why not?

I don't think ZRH was talking about psychologists without degrees, I think he was talking about psychologists with degrees from lower tier universities and whether the programs are comparable, which they probably are. At least that's how I read his post.

I don't think ZRH was talking about psychologists without degrees, I think he was talking about psychologists with degrees from lower tier universities and whether the programs are comparable, which they probably are. At least that's how I read his post.

Me too.

People are going to start realizing trade schools are a better choice for more people. We have enough useless business majors. We need some mechanics, plumbers, etc.

I don't necessarily think this is true.

When was the last time you had trouble finding a plumber or mechanic?

I don't necessarily think this is true.

When was the last time you had trouble finding a plumber or mechanic?
Quality plumbers are few and far between. Genuinely skilled tradesmen are going to be much harder to find once they start retiring and no one's filling their shoes.

hilton's good in the right places. minneapolis, for example. plus if you have status with them it really makes a difference at the waldorf

I've spent the past few days and will be spending the next few weeks testing and repairing voice and data in the students rooms and upgrading them to gigabit to the rooms. Very hot and annoying work. Sometimes there are reasons why college should be expensive.