Yay I'm being audited at work

why people think that giving hundreds of people company credit cards is a smart idea is beyond me. do people really think that there's not going to be abuse? do people really think that audits aren't real?

They do serve a good purpose. In state institutions there is so much bureaucratic bullshit to get anything done, these P-Cards streamline the acquisition of things that you need in a pinch. I would be pissed if I had to type up a formal purchase request, submit it to fiscal affairs, wait 2-4 weeks for approval and then another 3-5 days shipping just to buy 3 reams of paper for the copier and a box of pens and pencils. Consider this kind of request would be turned in regularly by 100 other organizational units and the paperwork in the business office increases 100 fold or more. These cards make everyone's life easier.

The majority of people use them properly, it's the few people who think they are above the rules that cause the problems. It's not just GA either, 6 other state systems are under the same audit by the Feds.

Last edited:
They do serve a good purpose. In state institutions there is so much bureaucratic bullshit to get anything done, these P-Cards streamline the acquisition of things that you need in a pinch. I would be pissed if I had to type up a formal purchase request, submit it to fiscal affairs, wait 2-4 weeks for approval and then another 3-5 days shipping just to buy 3 reams of paper for the copier and a box of pens and pencils. Consider this kind of request would be turned in regularly by 100 other organizational units and the paperwork in the business office increases 100 fold or more. These cards make everyone's life easier.

The majority of people use them properly, it's the few people who think they are above the rules that cause the problems. It's not just GA either, 6 other state systems are under the same audit by the Feds.

Yeah, I (sort of) deal with that kind of thing at work. We're out of supplies more than we have them, because ordering new supplies takes like 3 weeks. Then they wonder why customers are often dissatisfied. Fortunately we're a government entity so we're not going anywhere. :rolleyes:

i understand how they work. i understand how people would benefit from them. no argument there. but what i don't understand is when people are surprised that a system like that gets abused. a lot. why is that not expected? and if you're going to have a system like the above, then you need a strict, WORKING system that checks and regulates usage...so you don't have an ugly audit cleaning up the place.

It boggles the mind that these organizations don't have purchasing people in charge of making sure there are adequate office supplies available to those who need them. It's not like it's difficult to keep copy paper and pens around an office. Every office needs this stuff. It sucks that these cards are necessary and it sucks even more that my tax dollars are hard at work catching the bastards that abused this privilege. I hope they all go to jail and lose their houses.

What's the most expensive thing you have bought with your card ERage?

My card has a 5000/ month limit, 2000/single purchase limit.

Most expensive purchase: About 15,000 scantron forms to be printed each fall and spring for about $1,200 per order after shipping.

other than that probably a $200 shredder for the office to responsibly dispose of student and staff private information that ends up on printouts.