Yay for storms!

Yep here's basically how things went down for me.
Left the building at work @ 4:30 to see huge rain drops falling down (still at a sprinkle level though)
Got in my car and it stayed calm until I got to the free way. Then it just started to rain. No big deal (except Ohio drivers can't drive in the rain)

4:40 I decided it was time to slow down as it was raining pretty heavy.
4:45 I got to my exit ramp. There I really slowed down. Visibility was about 1 foot in front of me (yes, I couldn't even see the hood of my own car clearly)
Took me 10 minutes to get hom from that point as the rain died down, but the issue was there was 6 inches of standing water across the entire road......and we're not even near a flood plain.

Got to my house as everything died down. It stayed that way for about 1.5 hours. Then the rain came back again. As we ate dinner, our entire house shook. I look out the window and see M & M size hail hitting the ground and everything. I go back to eating dinner, then it sounds like every squirrel in the neighborhood is jumping on my roof. I look again and not only is it hailling as much as you'd see snowflakes in a blizzard, but they've grown to about golf size hail. I look for a few minutes at my car just hoping that I don't see the windshield or the sunroof just explode.

Everything dies down after about 1/2 hour, THEN I hear the tornado sirens. They go on for about another 1/2 hour. I made this thread as the sirens started going off.

You know the Butterfly Effect? All that chaos theory stuff, how a butterfly can flap it's wings in China and cause an earthquake in California? Well, in direct relation to the Butterfly Effect, I think your freak storm was caused by the shockwaves of ANGRY HUMPING TURTLES!

Yeah, we got nothing last night. :wtf:

Not even a drop of rain or anything. 10mph winds maybe.

Columbus FTL

We've had an extremely wet Sept/Oct so far, but luckily nothing more than lots of rain and snow in the mountains. We've also had a bunch of lightening storms which are unusual this late in the year.

I got nailed with Hail I think it would have been about a year and a half ago now.

I come from Canada so at first I was like, oh hail, then I was like, WTF I live in florida, lol.

The beach sounds great this weekend!

Well just checked my car. No broken or cracked windows so that's good. I bought my car hail damaged so I don't need to worry about dings in my car.

Elaine says there's dents in the siding on the house, so we're going to see what happens with that.

The beach sounds great this weekend!

Sweet! You and Adam can wear T shirts like mid-pubescent girls!

Actually, no beach this weekend. I have to pressure wash the deck and Amy's going to finish grouting the stones out front on Saturday then we're going to Sunset '06 at Vinoy Park to see Rabbit in the Moon all day/night Sunday.

Sweet! You and Adam can wear T shirts like mid-pubescent girls!

Actually, no beach this weekend. I have to pressure wash the deck and Amy's going to finish grouting the stones out front on Saturday then we're going to Sunset '06 at Vinoy Park to see Rabbit in the Moon all day/night Sunday.

I tried to call that bastard. Is he home in the evenings?

He should be.

I had him call you from my phone on Sunday as a sneak attack in case you were avoiding him :fly:

Wait...maybe you're avoiding both of us...:confused:

Nah, I've been sick, haven't talked to anyone, no voice. I think I called back on Tuesday, I shall try again this evening.

Nah, I've been sick, haven't talked to anyone, no voice. I think I called back on Tuesday, I shall try again this evening.

I know he needs a roomie. He'll run his ass up until teh last minute with no parachute and then he'll ask to stay in our room to which he'll be served a big fat dick.

ok...so it's not that big

I know he needs a roomie. He'll run his ass up until teh last minute with no parachute and then he'll ask to stay in our room to which he'll be served a big fat dick.

ok...so it's not that big

I'll keep bugging him, I am good at that. I called again today.