*yawn* Good morning FaceboAGH WHAT IS THAT!

It bugs me that people take that path at all, but I agree it's not up to the government to regulate.

However, there is a point where the baby can survive outside of the womb where I think abortion may actually cross the line into murder.
How do you draw that line though? Is it when the fetus is able to live on its own outside the womb or technology assisted? As technology gets better we may never need a womb... omy.

there's some batshit insane crazy pro-lifer here that got in his car one day, drove to this abortion doctors house in wichita, shot him while he was ushering at his church, then hopped in his car and came back here.

i only mention this becuase its about abortion and the guys trial just started. its all pretty ridiculous... he's already admitted to the killing and now they're trying to come up with all these BS defenses for the guy.

there's some batshit insane crazy pro-lifer here that got in his car one day, drove to this abortion doctors house in wichita, shot him while he was ushering at his church, then hopped in his car and came back here.

i only mention this becuase its about abortion and the guys trial just started. its all pretty ridiculous... he's already admitted to the killing and now they're trying to come up with all these BS defenses for the guy.

Yeah.

Wow, this thread...hmmm...I didn't read all of it, I just couldn't.

Hi, I'm Eileen and I've had an abortion. There's nothing that compares with it in the category of worst experiences ever. It was horribly painful both emotionally and physically. You can all judge and have your opinions, but until you've been there you can't possibly know. There are in fact situations where there isn't a choice, despite what the internet's precious Ron Paul or all these 'religious leaders' would have you believe. Even when there isn't a choice abortion isn't a good choice. I suppose there are women out there that don't care and use it as a form of birth control but I believe that's the exception to the rule. I think those women are really mentally ill in their own right. I cannot imagine going through it a second time.

Adoption. I realize that the mother has been hurt terribly, but that baby still deserves a chance at life, regardless of the circumstances that brought it into this world.

As for the rape victim having a child, imagine your 12 year old daughter getting raped and then going through the life and body changing 9 months of pregnancy just to have to give that baby up for adoption and then deal with the emotional issues involved there. Then you get to look at the emotional issues involved in having an abortion. Most adults aren't mature enough to handle any of it. There aren't any good choices when stuff like this happens. The only thing anyone can do is make the best choice for themselves.

Indeed. The very sad thing is the people who don't take BC seriously enough are generally the ones who should not be bringing up kids, it's ruining our society that stupid people are breeding like rabbits.

How un-PC of me.

It's true I think, but not everyone can take birth control like you do. And should you really be smoking with that stuff in your arm? Regardless, I agree, there's lots of responsible options out there. I'm often shocked by how many people aren't aware though. I have no idea what it's like there, but in this country I certainly blame the religious for blocking this type of education in schools.

Also, I don't want to touch the genetics thing because I don't know enough, but what about drug addicts and the babies they have? Many of those babies are born with all kinds of mental and physical disabilities and I've often wondered if offering free abortions to these types of parents might be the kinder thing to do. I know a psychopath that was a crack baby. He gets to spend his life in and out of mental hospitals and prison because he does not have the ability to differentiate between right and wrong. I doubt it has anything to do with the environment he grew up in. He was adopted as an infant by a family that had 3 other children who grew up in the same happy home and turned out to be perfectly well-adjusted, functioning members of society. Nurture had nothing to do with this one. The kid had no chance from the start. Kinda makes you wonder what He was thinking if He exists.

And why do we get to chose the end of a person's life? Isn't that bypassing God himself?

Whatever happened to let he who is without sin cast the first stone?

I agree here, you can't have it one way and not the other. If you are gonna believe in God and believe it's not okay to kill, then it's simple. Let God deal with it.

Anyway...just had to put in my two cents.