FYI Ya, let's make jobs. I'm excited now!

Yes! People who drive minivans are not cool. You cannot be cool driving a minivan. And to be really controversial and inflammatory...if you NEED a minivan because you have more kids than will fit in a large sedan, stop having children. We have enough people already.

Last edited by a moderator:
wagon are uncool?

lol wagons were cool as hell in Australia.

Friend of mine had one like this in high school.

800px-HoldenHQPanelvanCropped.jpg

The more people you could fit in your car to take to the beach or river, the more cool you were.

over here wagons conjure images of the brady bunch or getting groceries. not exactly a cool ride for young people

being that it's called a station wagon it's intent was to haul people to the train station with lots of room for baggage. that sounds like an around town utility vehicle to me

over here wagons conjure images of the brady bunch or getting groceries. not exactly a cool ride for young people

Well to be fare, some wagons do the same in Australia.

This must be why every time I talk a bout getting a wagon, Juli gives me a dirty look a cusses me out.

I like wagons, they're useful.

I also don't mind minivans, they can hold more junk than a typical SUV.

The coolness of the KTM offsets everything else.

This is what I can't figure out. What junk do you need to haul? Even if you have kids?

I get into people's minivans and they are stuffed floor to ceiling with junk. I'm willing to bet these people don't even know what is in there anymore. Maybe a minivan means you don't have to bother taking things out of your car anymore? I dunno.

Camping trips a few times a year, scuba stuff (Double tanks + drysuits for the northeast), two dogs, seems like we're always moving something big.

Home depot trips, dump runs, etc.

If you've ever had to get a squirming baby in or out of a car when two jackholes have parked within 1ft of you on either side, the sliding doors are the best thing ever invented.

I mounted the carseat in the bed of my pickup back near the tail gate just for that reason.

Good thinking.

Wood seems to be the most common thing aside from kids being hauled around in my car these days. I'd be in trouble in anything I couldn't fit an 8 foot piece of wood in.

Mini vans really are nice. The one bad thing about my car is it just barely fits us, no room for taking an extra grandparent or visitor anywhere without taking 2 cars, and we can't pick up kids friends. It would be nice to have for that reason.

Good thinking.

Wood seems to be the most common thing aside from kids being hauled around in my car these days. I'd be in trouble in anything I couldn't fit an 8 foot piece of wood in.

Mini vans really are nice. The one bad thing about my car is it just barely fits us, no room for taking an extra grandparent or visitor anywhere without taking 2 cars, and we can't pick up kids friends. It would be nice to have for that reason.
That too, we have at least one grandmother in the vehicle with us every weekend.