xmas vacation time

HifiGirly said:
I work everyday between now and the end of the year except Christmas Day, the day after and the 31st. I only have those off because I have enough senority to take them off (and I did the schedule this month :)). I work at a vets office and we have people working every day of the year because we have animals there.
Kill all the animals = more time off for all!!

dreamwalker said:
New Year's is on Saturday, so I do have that. My mind is more focused on Christmas though, I don't care much about New Year's day.

Very true- fortunately for me, I've never had the displeasure of a job where I had to worry about working on holidays.

edit- :heart: sorry you don't more time off with the kiddo's.

Pancake Wagon said:
I thought you worked for a company that worked with churches, like a christian publisher or something?
...or something
shady.gif

BigDov said:
Very true- fortunately for me, I've never had the displeasure of a job where I had to worry about working on holidays.

edit- :heart: sorry you don't more time off with the kiddo's.

Time with the kids is the only thing about not having more vacation time that I really care about. We'll just make the most of the time that we do have :cool:

dreamwalker said:
Time with the kids is the only thing about not having more vacation time that I really care about. We'll just make the most of the time that we do have :cool:

Yup...... I'm currently facing the prospect of only having the 24th, 25th and New Year's day off. We just got an email saying that the week in between has been officially turned into a work week :mad:

FatcakeWagon said:
Mr Furlong, Man of Mystery!
I work for a company that makes freedom fries. We're based in Freedom Polynesia, and have freedom-speaking lessons on company time. In my spare time I enjoy freedom kissing my freedom poodle, learning new and interesting ways of making freedom bread and studying the works of late 17th-century freedom poets and playwrights (in the original freedom language, of course).

BigDov said:
Yup...... I'm currently facing the prospect of only having the 24th, 25th and New Year's day off. We just got an email saying that the week in between has been officially turned into a work week :mad:

Aaaagh, I wouldn't like that at all. It's easier to know I have to work on the other days than to think I'd have the time off, then find out I have to work :mad:

I'm just hoping my workplace doesn't reinstitute mandatory overtime like they did a while back.

dreamwalker said:
Aaaagh, I wouldn't like that at all. It's easier to know I have to work on the other days than to think I'd have the time off, then find out I have to work :mad:

I'm just hoping my workplace doesn't reinstitute mandatory overtime like they did a while back.

Trust me, I'm not all that pleased about it. Not one bit.

I work so much overtime already, I wouldn't know what mandatory overtime is :lol: And the shitter is, I'm a salaried employee *sigh*

BigDov said:

You still get more vacation time than me mister! :p

We only get Christmas day and New Years day off.

I get the 23rd and 24th off, along with the weekend naturally. Then for new years we get Monday the 3rd off :wtf:

Pandora said:
You still get more vacation time than me mister! :p

We only get Christmas day and New Years day off.

Yeah, that's true, but I can't even use it for that week, now that it's all hands on deck :( Fricking money-grubbing bastards.

Well, you can see that I'm not getting much more than that now......

BigDov said:
Yeah, that's true, but I can't even use it for that week, now that it's all hands on deck :( Fricking money-grubbing bastards.

Well, you can see that I'm not getting much more than that now......

:D I feel your pain. The jewish owners have no sympathy for those of us that want time off around Christmas. Meanieheads!!

Pandora said:
:D I feel your pain. The jewish owners have no sympathy for those of us that want time off around Christmas. Meanieheads!!

I'm beginning to wonder if this place hasn't been infiltrated by Jews. In the 8 years I've been here, we've NEVER worked through the holiday break :mad: