Pics XMAS 2018

@Jehannum
xlarge

We went and dug up this little cedar yesterday roots and all and put it in a pretty good size pot.
Makes a right nice little white trash Christmas tree if'n I don't say so my sef.

View attachment 5687
My eye was caught by the big leaf coming over the bamboo divider. Cute tree. Ceder is a nice choice - no needles or sap.{thumbs up}

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
My eye was caught by the big leaf coming over the bamboo divider. Cute tree. Ceder is a nice choice - no needles or sap.{thumbs up}

That's some vine type thing on the other side of the divider. Old lady has a green thumb, although that particular thing might just be a plastic decoration.

That kinda cedar is more like brush that's everywhere here and is considered a nuisance. It's not the big tall pretty cedar trees like you'd think of growing in the mountains or used to make classical guitars or something.

First thing you do when you get property here is clear that shit out. They suck all the water up from the nice trees and grasses. Also a source of misery for people with allergies. Come out some days and your car is coated with pollen dust.

In the country they cut them up for fence posts. Real oily, last long time in the ground without rotting with no treatment needed.
Burn them in a fireplace and that same oil will coat and clog up the chimney and eventually start what amounts to a petroleum fire.

Come take all you want. People probably think you're nuts but they won't charge you for it. It can be kinda pretty though. And smell nice if you don't have allergies.

That's some vine type thing on the other side of the divider. Old lady has a green thumb, although that particular thing might just be a plastic decoration.

That kinda cedar is more like brush that's everywhere here and is considered a nuisance. It's not the big tall pretty cedar trees like you'd think of growing in the mountains or used to make classical guitars or something.

First thing you do when you get property here is clear that shit out. They suck all the water up from the nice trees and grasses. Also a source of misery for people with allergies. Come out some days and your car is coated with pollen dust.

In the country they cut them up for fence posts. Real oily, last long time in the ground without rotting with no treatment needed.
Burn them in a fireplace and that same oil will coat and clog up the chimney and eventually start what amounts to a petroleum fire.

Come take all you want. People probably think you're nuts but they won't charge you for it. It can be kinda pretty though. And smell nice if you don't have allergies.
They look just like the ones we get here - real shit tree. Main problem here is they seem to grow slow as fuck and never really get thick to block a view or anything. But that's red ceder(thin needles), Northern white cedar(Arborvitae) has a flatten leaf/needles and gets a lot bigger. We have few places here where there are stands of of the white that are 2'+ in diameter. The berries from some of those red cedars are the secret ingredient in the shish kabob marinade many Middle Eastern people use.